Seats - What other options are there?

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Recaros don't cost that much, i got my evo 8 seats for $1300. And i even got the back seat that im still yet to turn into a couch ;)

G

Unregistered
Mitch - they stopped making them?

hahah.... so true. :ROFLMAO:

what are a set of evo/vr-4 recaro's worth?
i'm glad i made sure my leggy had recaro's, they are so comfy, i went for a 4 hour drive to geraldton, and didnt feel uncomfortable at all!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
in NZ the evo recaro's typically go for $1000-1300.

I got my TME seats for $500, they were already in a VR-4 with the standard VR-4 recaro rails on them, so the guy couldn't sell them to an EVO owner :) Hence the deal.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
the seats in the monaro are pretty good too, but they are all electric of course, I wonder how you'd wire them up in a VR-4
Brad all you'd need to do to get them working in another car is pull the seat out and disconnect the wiring clip. Stick a multimeter into the terminals to work out what voltage is going through (probably 12V off a fuse and an ignition relay, but worth making sure). Doubt it would be more complicated than that...

However the MOUNTING may well be very different. Even then, though, most powered seats still attach to the car using four bolts, so you might find the most you have to do is get some plates made if the mounting holes don't line up :)

I've only driven my car twice and one of the first things I noticed was just how much you slide around in the seat 'cause the back is so wide and flat. And I didn't even go 'round a single corner fast!!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Just remember that in order for seats to be legal thay have to use the original mounting holes, which is not really an issue if you do it properly but there is some dodgy stuff going around.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
You get the seat rails made up and engineered if necessary.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I've been eyeing these off for a while at JustJap.com... anyone heard anything bad or good about this no brand recaro style. They look comfy. This model is leather and sell for $599 a pair.

blackleathrecarotype.jpg

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Lee, just get some import second hand ones and have them trimmed. That's what I'm considering....in time....when I get my......well you know what I mean.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I'm at a loss as to why Mitsi didn't bolster the seats, even the plain upholstered ones. My old 6G Galant had plain seats but were still bolstered around the midsection, and that car would have been way slower than the 8G's.

It's freakin annoying!!:mad:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've been eyeing these off for a while at JustJap.com... anyone heard anything bad or good about this no brand recaro style. They look comfy. This model is leather and sell for $599 a pair.

blackleathrecarotype.jpg

I've actually seen these in the flesh and sat in them. Very comfy and nice and tight. I really liked them. Also, they're ADR Approved for a 4 door car, so they've been crash tested for front and rear impacts.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I've actually seen these in the flesh and sat in them. Very comfy and nice and tight. I really liked them. Also, they're ADR Approved for a 4 door car, so they've been crash tested for front and rear impacts.

Can i ask what size person are you? Being 6'4" and ~98kg (chest approx 95cm) , a lot of sport seats are nice and tight for me..

Im just trying to get a perspective as im about 2000kms from Just Jap so sit and try doesnt really help me.

Cheers

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Any idea how easy it is to get those black leather ones installed? They look sweet.

Also what about postage charge?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I just purchased similar black leather ones with red stitching on ebay for $399 a pair! Will see how they look and feel then post up a photo next week.

d722_12.jpg

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Can i ask what size person are you? Being 6'4" and ~98kg (chest approx 95cm) , a lot of sport seats are nice and tight for me..

Im just trying to get a perspective as im about 2000kms from Just Jap so sit and try doesnt really help me.

Cheers

I'm just on or just under 6' and I'm 75kg. Not a big guy at all! I wouldn't say they were restrictive tight, I could move a little side to side, but not too much. So they could be a tight fit for you, I'm not 100% sure as I dont know what my chest size is...there's not enough of it to measure! :ROFLMAO:

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
if anyone's looking for a set of seats.. have a look at this

might be worth a look..

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I know this is an old thread but it's the only one that came up. What would be involved to get FTO seats to fit??

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
BUMP:

Im about to purchase some bride seats - they are the 'Gias' model. What would I have to do in order to fit the seat belts?

I havent actually researched this issue - hence the reason I'm posting it right now. Our current seat belt locks are bolted to the seat, right?

Does anyone know of the 'Gias' or Brides to that matter in regards to seat belt lock mounts?

Hope someone can help!

Thank you!

Top Bottom