Seats - What other options are there?

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
You should be sweet man. From what I remember when putting my Brides in the seatbelts were no trouble. I think it just looks like they are attached, remove the black plastic and away you go!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Bride rails will have a hole with a captive nut for you to bolt the buckle on to.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
the bride rails comes with new seatbelt locks on them

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
Ok, i know im probably gonna get flamed for this and could be a silly question and all but i was interested in putting leather seats in my car and thought that maybe Magna or Verada seats would be not much of a problem to put in. Its just that Galant leather interior is rare and thought that this could be an easy alternative.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The front seats are easy to get in, I've seen someone do it. Nothing else fits though.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Eventually, some time in the distant future I wouldn't mind getting a set of sports seats for the front and getting them re-upholstered in tan leather. Just not at the top of my list of things to do :(

EDIT

How easy would it be to fit FTO seats? Do they bolt onto our rails?

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Yet another bump:

Just purchased my Bride "style" seats and attempted to fit them but the whole process was epic fail.

The universal rails and no where near universal for the legnum. Does this mean I will have to get bride rails off the Internet? Or can I pay someone to make them work? Please help, smartass comments are not appreciated.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Universal rails never work in anything, and to be honest the description of them as universal is probably a breach of the Trade Practices Act.

Bride rails will work, as will custom made rails. You might be able to get a fabricator to make up some rails using the "universal" sliders. Either way, expect to almost double the price you paid for the seats before you get them in the car.

What you might find, however, is that it will be very difficult to get the seats to sit low enough. That is often the problem with copy or cheap seats. Which ones did you buy? If they're the ones being sold by Holfords you'll have no problems, otherwise I'd be wary.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Just get your stock rails modded to fit the new Brides James, shouldn't cost more than $300 to get done. Look for a place that does custom seats and you're all good. Oh and remember to get an engineer to write you up a slip saying they're safe.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Thanks guys.

Tim - yes I did buy them from Dom @ holfords. They are pretty un-universal as they are short, flat and only accommodate very few mounting holes. The biggest problem is the height of the mounting holes in the floor, how the fronts are about 10mm higher than the rears.

Is it worth getting bride rails, or just custom plates?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Ah awesome, they're fantastic copies. You'll have no issues with those at all. I'm actually using a fixed back one in my Silvia, which I got because it was actually noticeably BETTER than my genuine Zeta II.

Bride or Recaro rails (or copy rails, which are available on yahoo) are nice because they're properly engineered and are a 100% straight fit job. Buying them means you'll have the seats in 15 minutes after the rails arrive. There are no nasty surprises or "we had a few issues with getting the rails to work, so the seats sit a bit higher than you might want but it was the best we could do" moments...

Bride rails are so good that they actually fit in my Silvia better than genuine factory Nissan rails. If you do get them, just make sure they're the right ones for your seats...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Do Bride make rails for a VR4?

yes.. and from the reply I received from Jesse Streeter, they're made to order..

you gotta know what rails you want too, for example, the Bride Euro II's can only use the MO or YO type seat rails..

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Well there you go, I would never have thought they would make them.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Yep, I ordered both my Bride rails through Jese Streeter, as Christian said, made to order.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Will genuine Bride rails work on Bride copies like mine? After all they are "direct copies", so I'm assuming they would but just to make sure...

And yes, as Craig mentioned, I'm just as curious as to how much they are worth.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
no, they dont

the "direct copies" hav different bases

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
$350ea or something like that delivered via EMS, can't exactly remember but it was about that.

Im guessing that was for genuine brides right? How different can the base of a Bride style vs. genuine Bride be?

Do the VR-4's share a similar seating rail position with another car at all?

Top Bottom