Seats - What other options are there?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas.. mad ricer here again :D

i'm just after some opinions.. as you all know VR4 seats are a little "comfy" therefore can't really be good during corners.. except for the Recaro fitted ones..

I've been looking around for FTO seats.. but unfornate of me.. all of the shops I've come acrossed have sold theirs..

only ones I've seen are OLD Recaro (pair), STI Seats (Blue on Black) and other Toyota bucket types..

what do you guys reckon if I bought the STI and re-upholster it?

Don't bash me!!!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
It's you car man, Do what ever makes you happy and don't let any wanker tell you otherwise.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Naughtika, I'm looking at some options. Just unsure about ADR's and stuff...but here's the link to the item I'm looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...004QQitemZ140195554042QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

rs-re-bksu.jpg

Don't worry about the US side of it...I have shipping sorted, even if they dont ship to the US directly.

They're not genuine...but they seem a lot nicer than others I can find. But I think I'd rather pay more locally and get something that's ADR approved such as the Isotta Indianna:

indiana.jpg

They're $699 a pair. Completely ADR approved for use in a 4 door vehicle.

There's a stockist about an hour and half from me...I'm going to check them out in a few weeks time to see how they feel to sit in. I'll let you know.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
well the STI seats i'm looking at are $500 for the pair, it's obviously 2nd hand.. but I know they're genuine STI.. those seats looks good too..

I originally wanted FTO opposed to Recaro's and Bride's

here are the pics of the seats I'm interested in atm..

sti_seats_passenger.jpg

sti_seats_out.jpg

sti_seats_driver.jpg

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah they're nice man! Redoing them would definitely be a good option.

What's the average cost of a retrim on seats anyway? Not leather, just nice velour like the STi seats.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^^ Agreed - stitch a logo of some sort over the top of of the STi would be easiest, as that fabric is really nice.

G

Unregistered
anything should fit as long as you have the right rails...

the black leather seats in my old mans SS thunder ute are pretty nice though...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I once sat in a HSV clubsport about 3 years ago.. man the seats in them were nice.. nicer than the ones in wrx's

G

Unregistered
Don't expect the leather on any Holden or Ford seats to last very long, unless they've upgraded their stocks. The leather in my mum's 2002 AUIII Fairmont is freaking terrible now.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
the seats in the monaro are pretty good too, but they are all electric of course, I wonder how you'd wire them up in a VR-4

G

Unregistered
Don't expect the leather on any Holden or Ford seats to last very long, unless they've upgraded their stocks. The leather in my mum's 2002 AUIII Fairmont is freaking terrible now.

was there ANYTHING good about the AU's? :ROFLMAO:

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I don't really care about the passenger, just a nice one for me.

I wonder if Bride have anything that fits. Failing that, that Isotta Indiana from the previous page looked good in one colour.

Need something nice and holdy ;)

G

Unregistered
dont buy any of those style / copy wanna be seats,
the padding is hard, and the cover material is cheap.

theres a reason there cheap.... there nasty IMO.

fine for a car you dont plan on sitting in for any decent amount of time.
or a dune buggy. definately not deserving of being in a VR4.

oh and i say no to the subi seats, dont like them at all.
keep it mitsi (fto or evo) or go with a good know branded seat.
momo/recaro/bride/sparco etc.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
was there ANYTHING good about the AU's? :ROFLMAO:

They stopped making them :ROFLMAO: (Just read brad's reply...you suck lol..that's my joke :p)

I like the isotta ones most, in black of course :)

They're the exact ones I'm going to get (well check out first), black with the black leather parts. And get the VR4 logo embroided after the Isotta/Indianna part is removed.

I have to disagree with you there Gly...there's a few cheaper alternative seats that I've sat in that have been very comfy, used good material and been ADR approved. And they'd been in the car for a while.

Recaros cost so much because people pay it. There's not actually thousands of dollars worth of seat there, same with Bride.

Top Bottom