Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Yep Ryan up to the filler hole. And then get the fluid all over yourself when it all gushes out again..:p

I got ATF "everywhere". And yes, it does not taste real good.

WARNING
When changing fluid in such equipment like a diff centre. Please make sure you dont put your head directly under where the drain or filler holes are !!!

;)

G

Unregistered
hahaha.. i did something similar, but under the radiator...
i was laying in front of the car, poking my head under, and removed the bottom hose, expecting the water to gush towards the back of the car, as thats the way the outlet on the radiator was aiming...
i kinda forgot water will come out of both the radiator, AND the hose.. which happened to be aimed at my head after pulling it off.... :(

G

Unregistered
OK im about to replace all the oils in my car, does anyone know the quantitys needed for:
Diff
Gearbox
Engine
AYC
Transfer case
Does car have a front diff like a 4WD or does it come straight out of box like a front wheel drive.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Engine - just on 4 litres
Manual Gearbox - 2.7 litres
Transfer Case - 0.62 litres
Rear Diff - 0.5 litres
AYC - 0.67 litres

Obviously you may need more if you want to flush some of the old stuff out.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
After another part number again, this time I need a Trans Filter/Service Kitt which should consist of a Pan and Filter I guess (not sure)... Is there a readily available Trans Service Kitt as I want to try and source the parts myself which I have the all except this...

I'm assuming it'll be here as the trans is the same as the AWD Magnas yeah?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Upon further investigation it would seem that there's no kit needed as the filter just needs to be cleaned and there's no gasket... I think...

Top Bottom