Shipping delays - more grey hairs

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Ben I'm hoping you can back me up on this one, but I'm having real problems finding space on boats at the moment, so those of you waiting for your car to go on a boat, you're certainly not alone. I've currently got 15 cars waiting to go on the next couple.

One of the main problems is that new car manufacturers always get first dibs on available space, and new cars are selling here at record levels, which leaves the rest of us to fight over what's left.

But yes, I'm tearing my hair out with it at the moment!

G

Unregistered
Oh no! I only just got my import approval today and faxed it off to Ben, don't tell me I'm going to be waiting forever, just a week and a bit for approval was long enough :(

hahaha. Thems the breaks...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ouch, that does suck Kris... I assume these are drive on, drive off vehicle transports? Or are they going on the top deck of normal ships?

Actually, how much does this kind of thing cost? I have some contacts in the shipping industry, although I think they only do containers... But depending on costs it might be worth my while to stick my car in a container if its going to take ages to get on a normal boat

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
It's Ro-Ro or Roll-on, Roll-Off - imagine a big enclosed car park, but all the cars are parked within mm of each other...no cars on the top deck, don't worry lol.

A Legnum is around the $1000-1200 mark these days, so your container pricing would need to be pretty sharp to beat it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea, that's what I was thinking.

Thanks for the pricing Kris - I'll make some phone calls and see if I can get anywhere :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Kristian, have a question for you - would you be interested in getting 40' containers and shipping your cars in these? I might be able to organise something, especially if you're prepared to do all the paperwork for them - my brother knows the CEO of MSC asia pacific ;) No promises, just want to know if its something you'd be interested in? With all the cars you need to bring over using 40' containers, you'll probably find its very similar in price per vehicle... and you'll actually get them here in a reasonable timeframe :D

G

Unregistered
Err.. we haven't had any problems recently to Australia actually. I can't promise things will be fine for the future but at the moment for all of our customers cars I think everything should be ok so don't fret too much.

For those interested in what a roll on/roll off (RORO) vessel looks like (people think cars are strapped to the top of the ship which is NOT correct, here are some pics of cars being loaded, and some pics from onboard a ship I was on about 2 years ago:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/clients/RORO

G

Unregistered
Nice picks Ben, It is just like a massive Spirit Of Tasmania :p

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Err.. we haven't had any problems recently to Australia actually. I can't promise things will be fine for the future but at the moment for all of our customers cars I think everything should be ok so don't fret too much.

For those interested in what a roll on/roll off (RORO) vessel looks like (people think cars are strapped to the top of the ship which is NOT correct, here are some pics of cars being loaded, and some pics from onboard a ship I was on about 2 years ago:

http://www.j-spec.com.au/clients/RORO

Hmmm... maybe my agent is telling me porkies then, but it's all solvered now, guys don't worry....

carloadingnutz.jpg

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
ha ha thanks Kristian. My car must be underneath those as I can't see it in that pic ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I would be fired if I worked on that ship...I'd so push them all off lol

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
What the hell is going on that ship?! Is it serious or is it like installation art? If it IS art, then I love it (grin)

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Speaking of delays.. the shipment of cars from Shogun to Melbourne that was due last weekend has a new ETA of 6/7 of Sep. :(

Now I've already organised to take this Friday 8th off from work - so there had better not be any further delays.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, at least we know it's on the way! Cheers for the heads-up Sydo :D

Incidentally, the Shogun thread has gotten quiet and we've started ranting in here. Kris, great pic of the "Jenga" cars. At least we know where the rust comes from (damn seaspray... I blame the dolphins).

I'm going to Perth next week for work. Scott, this may have to go straight to your Dad's workshop :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hmmm... maybe my agent is telling me porkies then, but it's all solvered now, guys don't worry....
Great to hear Kris! :D

I would be fired if I worked on that ship...I'd so push them all off lol
Maybe you could work out a domino effect?? So you could push off one right at the top and it would cascade onto all of them??! SOOOO much fun!!! :D

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Actually I was being nice to Ben before - here's the REAL photo! :D lol

Attachments

• carloadingnutz copy.jpg
    carloadingnutz copy.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 27

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Maybe you could work out a domino effect?? So you could push off one right at the top and it would cascade onto all of them??! SOOOO much fun!!! :D

Hahahahah!!! Your way of thinking is dangerously similar to mine!!

That photoshop is funny as hell!!!!

Top Bottom