Should I buy a Legnum ?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
the rear seats in a legnum fold down and make a perfect bed for anyone shorter than 5'10"

My car has the stock injectors and the 400hp is at the flywheel. It makes over 300hp at the wheels

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
What other car is 2.5 v6 twin turbo and AWD???? legnum is definitely a good way to go, just think of it as the evo's big brother!! evo's are cool, but legnums are cooler!! n plus the Stealth factor!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
well a Skyline GT-R is close to a 2.5 v6 twin turbo 4wd :) But they didn't come in practical wagon form :)

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
well if you spend the time to fine a 260 hearse (stagea) it'd be pretty close but for that kind of money you could just get manual legnum n that $30 boost controller, lolz n still have a couple $$$ left over

G

Unregistered
involved in heavy negotiations with my wife ... I keep on taking her to see it but she just doesnt like it and I cant understand why not??? I'm looking at a super legnum with the recaro interior and that evo bodykit with 18's and adj coilovers. It looks hot but am having big trouble convincing her. she would prefer a supra or wrx, but we have already had those ( and so has everyone else too unfortunately).

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
*looks stunned* ARE YOU SERIOUS!? so why are you after a family car??? lolz, you could always go after a galant, sedan legnum! but if she doesn't like that, maybe a chaser!! or get a late model rx7, they are hot!! n besides i think that evo bodykit for the legnum is one of the worst looking, personally id prefer the facelift stock front, or the dolphin aero front, that looks nice!!, either way good luck with the wife!!, lolz....you think she'd be trying to talk you out of the supra or wrx not the other way around, lolz

G

Unregistered
she wont go in it for fear of it swaying her....What is the fuel economy of an unmodified one? or the factory specs of its fuel econ?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
she wont go in it for fear of it swaying her....What is the fuel economy of an unmodified one? or the factory specs of its fuel econ?

You don't want to know :) It definitely won't sway her. Most folks are seeing at best 400-450kms per 55litres (it's a 60l tank).

cheers

Lee

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I was swayed by the Legnum's excellent fuel economy. My last car was getting 370-420km per 70 litres. It was a 2.6L 4cyl Astron! My girl was swayed when we took one out for a drive and got the thumbs-up moments later.

In fact, I'm in Adelaide right now. Guess what she's been driving to work for the last week?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I still don't see a problem with fuel economy, at least when compared with other six cylinder cars from the late 90's.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
lol, damn, im 5'11, what about if you push the front seats forward??

oh n in regards to the car, just tell her to try it, she might enjoy it, that usually works, lolz

G

Unregistered
thats not too bad pretty much what i expected.. our jeep uses about twice that its appalling , never had such a thirsty car not even my old wrx and it ran 12's. ps I think Christian needs to get more , he sounds deprived. thanks for the help everyone. wish me luck

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
good luck!!! if you can't get a legnum, try a galant, lolz

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
lol, i checked out a legnum in a caryard, the dealer there was an ASS! he wanted $23k for it n he tried to tell me it cost $4000 more than the other one caz it had leather interior, n he also tried to tell me i could get it in 2.5 or 3.0litre as in GTO motor, oh n apparantly a legnum has active yolk control, lol, are all car dealers this bad?

G

Unregistered
yes a lot of them are.. I had one dealer who called it a Legma. She was just dribbling bullshit about it the whole time. Not keen on shifty car salespersons...There are all too many dumb salespeople who talk rubbish and dont know what they are saying...like last night I spoke to someone who was selling a citrus based car cleaner that was "non acidic"??? I asked if they added something to neutralise the acid in their" citric "product and he proceeded to explain to me how acidic things are man made but this is natural so it cant be? I had to walk away at that point.

Top Bottom