*Sigh - selling up to get a legnum can take a while.

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
*sigh.

still selling my calais to look for a legnum. in fact ive found the exact one i want!
only problem is i still have to sell the calais (for a decent price, not giving it away) before i can look at getting into a leggy.
has anyone else here missed out on the leggy they want when waiting to sell there current car before getting into a leggy?

if p platers could still get V8's id have it sold by now... damn shitty new laws.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
only problem is i still have to sell the calais (for a decent price, not giving it away) before i can look at getting into a leggy.
has anyone else here missed out on the leggy they want when waiting to sell there current car before getting into a leggy?

I sold my ute the week my Leggy arrived..... It was a big sigh of relief let me tell you lol

I had it advertised for about 8 weeks without a phone call. Then i recieved a call and the guy said straight up that he'd buy it which was lucky. I was sweating i can tell you haha

G

Unregistered
Beat this, I sold my old Magna the DAY I picked up my Galant :D

There's no way you can put a deposit or something on the Legnum if it's already in the country?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
It took me 4 months to sell my R33 skyline, missing out on quite a few cars I would have liked early on in the piece.

However I eventually bit the bullet and bought a Legnum after having the skyline for sale for 3 months, then had to juggle the payment of the Legnum without the proceeds from the sale of the skyline for another month. It was a relief when the skyline sold as that paid for compliance shipping etc, BUT I'm glad i did it that way in the end as I wasn't without a car for too long.

If you have full ownership of the Calais, can you get a personal loan as a stop gap to pay the initial Japan payment of the Legnum, then when the calais sells, pay out the loan? or have you got a loan on the calais?

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
ive got $10K on the calais. cost me $9500 a year and a half ago and ive spent around $6K on it so i think its a fair price. its pretty damn immac and with low kms.

nah i still owe $6K on the calais :( makes things very tricky!

ill get there... im just sick of waiting.

G

Unregistered
lol

i was going to do the whole juggling act as well, but ended up just going for a loan that paid for the whole car.

unfortunately my old car broke down a week before the leggy landed, and due to problems with the leggy and its obvious higher priority, my once impressive mazca 626 has been sitting in my cul-de-sac rusting for the last 4 and a half months, lol

when i actually saw my car on the internet, i wasnt looking to buy at the time, but i thought that the opportunity was unlikely to come up again so i jumped on it.

spose you just have to hope that another one will come along, or take the leap. . .

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
My car was in aus for just under a month before i looked at it..

i was in the process of selling my Liberty at the time.. Had to wait a month before my Liberty was sold.. I was lucky the guy (who is a car importer as a hobby) was willing to hold off and wait for me!

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Beat this, I sold my old Magna the DAY I picked up my Galant :D

There's no way you can put a deposit or something on the Legnum if it's already in the country?

AHAHAHA, I have the same situation as you. Sold my Ralliart Magna in the morning which the owner came from Adelaide to Sydney to pick it up then drove off back to Adelaide then went straigth to to this seller and bought off the Legnum 4hrs later. Hahaha

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
SU8TLE, you're on the LS1 forums right? :D Another place to follow your misadventures and it's good to see some level-headed members there.

I had my TS Magna Wagon and the Legnum at the same time. Seth is Loki's older brother. Was tempted to get a black Series II with a sunroof, but then the Super VR4 came along. The rest is history :D

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I think it took about 3months for me to sell my X-Trail - AFTER I'd already got the Legnum!

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
finally got the carsales.com sticker for the back window today.
lets hope this moves things along.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Ryan try LS1 forums and boostcruising if you haven't done so already.

If the car you're lusting after happens to be on my site, I can hold it for you if you pay the broker's fee. I need every sale I can get at the moment. :S

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
Ryan try LS1 forums and boostcruising if you haven't done so already.

If the car you're lusting after happens to be on my site, I can hold it for you if you pay the broker's fee. I need every sale I can get at the moment. :S

i wish it was chef.... but its not. :(
ill keep an eye out on your site every few days in case something i see comes up but. id much rather buy off you (and your rep with leggo's). but there 2 im looking at from another importer (also good rep, but not as good).

chef, i just have to ask. is the global credit crunch hurting car importing?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I think "decimated" would probably be the right term. 75% drop in sales in the space of 2 months.

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
I think "decimated" would probably be the right term. 75% drop in sales in the space of 2 months.

and with the $ looking to drop more... i feel for ya mate.
on the plus side, good time to get loans! home loans especially!

Top Bottom