Single Turbo GT30r Galant Spotted!!

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Hello,

If you want Christian, chuck this into the other section (General Discussion) due to the fact I don't own a car, and don't pay to be a user anymore..

Anyway, looking through for a 'car' found this interesting vehicle, it's based in Brisbane for sure, and pictures are located 'The Spit' I believe

Single Turbo Gt30r, awesome, just awesome, someone needs to go, look, drive, report

Just as cool as my old Legnum Twin Td05 16G turbo upgrade ha

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1997-mitsubishi-galant-sedan/1019155216#

enjoy

oh, I forgot to mention, 18k, too much, unless it has actual dyno results, then i'd buy

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Hey Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

But I'm the new owner of this car and new to the forums.

Just a hello post I suppose :)

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Nice pickup. Those mods are very pricey, so that should give you huge headroom should you want to chase more power.

If you're interested, I'd be trying to get a tune from Steve and a couple of upgrades like a 3000GT fuel loop, HKS sports air filter, 3 port solenoid and an Evo 8-10 BOV. with those basics and your current hardware list you should be able to get some fantastic results out of a tune with Steve. I'd guess you already have a replacement BOV though, as the stock one would no doubt struggle with the upgraded turbo me thinks.

EOI for QLD tune day: http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?13772-EOI-for-full-tunes-from-TME-Steve
Some suggested Mods (you already have the expensive ones): http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?11798-Basic-engine-mods-and-what-does-what
TME Tune: http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?11614-TME-Introduction-and-tuning-work

Good luck with it all :) I look forward to seeing more of the car around the forums.

EDIT: Out of interest, do you know if the car has previously been tuned on a dyno? Or what the estimated AWKW numbers are?

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
The guy i bought it from didn't seem to understand or know heaps about it and to be honest it was a big turn off when deciding to buy it.

Ummm so from what he said its on a 7psi tune and made 200kw at the wheels but he has no evidence to support it. Ummm from my observations there is no MBC or EBC and the waste gate has a 10psi spring and it is just venting at whatever pressure the waste gate opens, which by the boost gauge is around 5psi-7psi. I don't know about a tune let alone a dyno one, but it runs pretty rich. No discredit to the work done, the custom piping is sweet and the amount of heat wrap and shield all over the right places and the quality of the manifold. Definitely reassuring.

First things going to be an EBC and tune for sure.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome to the forum..

now.. where is your car? bring it to me! rofl

meet's coming up soon.. care to join us?

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Depends on time, but definitely keen.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
First things going to be an EBC and tune for sure.
You should send Steve a message before you go buying things, the boost can be tuned by him through the factory computer which makes an EBC redundant. He will be able to point you in the right direction whether it be tuned through the ECU or EBC.

And by the way, PICS, we need PICS! :)

Kiwivr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Gary
Drive
Legnum
I'm thinking of going single turbo on mine how do you find it over the twins

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
I will do, I read pretty much everything steve put up, :D I bought it like this and don't know how the twins drive, but the single is abit laggy

Top Bottom