So, I modified my bonnet ;)

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
hiys guys, well the cars been away for a few weeks.

we attempted to automate it opening of the bonnet with actuators, but we only managed to get one of the three in today so we retro fitted the stay arm to hold it as im off to a show tomorrow.

bit gutted the bumper colour is so off, i had to have it sprayed again as it cracked when it hit the floor a few times!!

heres the pics....

20140802_194704_zpsdkylokar.jpg

20140802_194658_zpskwpxl9vs.jpg

20140802_194649_zpsso7qzcvn.jpg

20140802_194613_zpsr0qz3pp4.jpg

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Very interesting. Never seen this done before on a vr4 or any other car for that matter

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Looks good but I have to wonder why you would want to make a car thats hard to get at some things in the engine bay, so much harder to get at.

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
because normal is boring! lol

for now ive managed to modify the original bonnet latch but once its connected to the actuators that will be enough

glad you guys like it. car will be gettibg cleaned shortly as im on route to the show now.

G

Unregistered
That's cool!
A bit off topic, but that's an Evo 7 Front bar, what was done to get it to fit? Or is it just an oversized custom one?

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Digging the lights and bar combo.

As much as I'd want it, I would be shit scared of being pulled over all the time.

Also bonnet looks balla as hell.

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
yeah, the evo 7 bumper was widened either side of the intercooler mouth and then bonded to the top half of my legnum bumper. I had a bodyshop over here do it for me. I just couldnt find a bumper I liked...

next up is a custom spoiler and rear lip, but this mod has emptied the bank a bit :)

cheers for all the good comments tho :)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Definitely new and interesting! Be cop bait in here Aust though

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
the show went well, need to finish making the bay look pretty now tho

IMG_6222933762484_zpslctnxgx0.jpe

IMG_6242326229118_zpsnhmm4rni.jpe

IMG_6236435560865_zpshrwstpx9.jpe

IMG-20140803-WA0009_zpsw6zmsofv.jpg

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
Looks good but I have to wonder why you would want to make a car thats hard to get at some things in the engine bay, so much harder to get at.

I'd imagine there is still only four nuts to undo to take the whole bonnet off, if work needed to be done.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
What engine cover do you have? That one doesn't look standard.

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
cheers steve :)

me and my friends work on the cars most weekends so hopefully will be fully motorized soon.

and yep, 4 bolts and its off so its not a problem.

the engine cover is a carbon cover thats been painted pearl white, it came from peter m over on clubvr4

Top Bottom