ralliartvr47

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ganesh
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey guys,

As the topic says, a few days ago I was driving home from work and all of a sudden the music stopped. When I looked at the deck, it cut off and came back on. I didn't take it seriously until it happened a few times more within a few minutes. I realized that whenever I pressed the accelerator and then let go it happened. Then the cluster blinked as the deck cut off. After a few times everything started working normal again.

This evening it happened again. A little worse though. The deck kept cutting off every time i took my foot off the accelerator and stepped on the brakes. Then the cluster blinked with the deck, then my HKS EVC screen starts flickering and my ultra speed meter resets. the only thing i think didn't reset was the air conditioning console.
After that, the cluster came off and the car stalled for a split second.

All the flickering has stopped again but I am getting a rough idle. I get a weird noise I'm not sure how to explain.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
check battery terminals. see if loose

then check other electrical connections

this can be painful and long..

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
hmmm check your starter cable, maybe the front engine mounting bracket start to cut the starter cable insulator. this because the cable is not put in its place right

ralliartvr47

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ganesh
Drive
Hey guys,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I didn't get to check the starter cable but I checked the battery poles and I removed the deck to see if there were any faulty wiring. So far the only thing I saw was a bit of damaged insulation on the battery powered wire (yellow wire behind the deck). I taped it up. I hope that's the problem.

Hopefully I'll see when I'm driving tomorrow.

ralliartvr47

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ganesh
Drive
hey guys, I forgot to reply. so far I'm not seeing any more issues. I'm still a bit paranoid but i think it's fixed.

Top Bottom