Someone to flash my ECU

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Dont have a boost gauge but will be checking it all tomorrow.

Gary

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I sent you a PM with a link that might help, but yeah like the others have said, I'd be checking the mechanicals before flashing it to solve a mechanical problem.... Once you have all the mechanicals correct then a flash can get you further....

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks again everyone, I will let you know how I get on.

Gary

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, fitted a new BOV today and noticed the vacuum line attached to it appeared to be split at the top so with a bit of luck I may have fixed the issue

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Just removed the ICE leads and checked the ohms and they read 1425/1765/1826. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct reading.

Gary

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
Needs to be a gauge with vac and boost, when at idle vac should be around -20 (someone else might know the exact number), if it's less then this then there is a leak somewhere. Small leaks can make a big difference.

Just curious, -20 bar? Kpa? My EBC reads i think about (-) 500 Mm/Hg at idle... Just wondering if that sounds normal etc.

Taylor

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taylor
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
spraying engine start (ether) around intercooler joins is a good way to test, the idle will pick up momentarily if there is a leak. also check your intercooler for damage

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
-10psi, -20 isn't possible....

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Engines run vacuum at idle.. Turbos don't boost that low without throttle being open.
If the car idles smooth and even your car is running well.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Its -20inhg (inches of mercury) as vaccum is not measured in psi.
Although -20inhg roughly equates to 9.8psi worth of vaccum

Obviously atmospheric pressure is ~1bar / 14.7psi / +30inhg above perfect vaccum
So a perfect vaccum is ~-30inhg below atmospheric which is why most vaccum gauges (or vaccum ends of boost gauges) only read down to -30inhg

An average engine pulls around -15 to -20inhg with the throttle closed. Unless it has larger than stock camshafts

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
Its -20inhg (inches of mercury) as vaccum is not measured in psi.
Although -20inhg roughly equates to 9.8psi worth of vaccum

Obviously atmospheric pressure is ~1bar / 14.7psi / +30inhg above perfect vaccum
So a perfect vaccum is ~-30inhg below atmospheric which is why most vaccum gauges (or vaccum ends of boost gauges) only read down to -30inhg

An average engine pulls around -15 to -20inhg with the throttle closed. Unless it has larger than stock camshafts
Thank you for the info.

Top Bottom