Sourcing minor cosmetic parts

Soldat

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Blake
Drive
R33 GTST (S2)
I checked out a VR4 on the weekend from a guy in a place. Looks good, tidy and distinctly japanese (meaning I felt like a sardine again, though not as bad as the 'Line).

Anyway, there are a couple of things I'd need to replace if I got it. No 1 is the headunit. I'll need a DIN (sunglasses?) pocket as the current HU is a double-DIN.

Secondly, the little cover that sits inside the gearshift surround and covers the gap NOT occupied by the gear-shaft (presumably to stop debris falling into the shifter) is not there.

Would these 2 pieces be readily available through a Mitsi wrecker, repair shop or dealer? Anyone know or care to ballpark the $$ cost (checked the Parts list, couldn't really find what I needed).

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
The pocket you can pick up from any auto accessories store easily enough. The shifter thingy will need to come from NZ or JP so kempys would be your first port of call.

I checked out a VR4 on the weekend from a guy in a place.
ROFL! :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Didn't someone find out that the magna tiptronic plastic cover is the same thing? Not 100% sure, but I think that is right.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
the tissue pocket is a generic din size that you can buy at any shop as far a i know.. could be wrong..

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Like the above have said, the DIN pockets you can get from Supercheap Auto type shops..

Or, get a Boost Gauge DIN pocket.. with like 2 or 3 circles and fill the gaps with Gauges :) pimp as!

For the other thing, post up a WTB in the forsale section, also check out ClubVR4.com or call Kempys in NZ :)

Kempys have pretty much anything you'll need, and are apparently really good with shipping (I'll soon find out, just ordered stuff from them :) )

Top Bottom