waht is the perfect speedlimter for a 98 legnum with at gear

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
And that is the correct answer. Further research will definitely tell you which wire to cut :)

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I'm assuming you mean a speed de-limiter, yes?

I've no idea why anyone would want to add a speed limiter after factory.
Unless you're after cruise control.. now that is something that we'd all be interested in!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
considering he is in Germany and has access to *those* roads, he probably won't want to limit it!

G

Unregistered
mmmm germany.... that would be shit to get a legnum on the autobarn and hit the speed cut.. you cant just go at 187km/h what punishment!!

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Has anyone ever seen that National Geographic program on the autobahn? It's probably the world' most sophisticated road network. I can't remember ALL the facts and figures about it but the roads are apparently never built with more than a 4% gradient.

Germany spends twice as much money per km of road than the US does. The roads are built at a slight angle left or right so that standing water is drained to the side where it is then collected, contained and treated before being released into the waterways.

It's camera/computer control system can predict likely congestion areas and adjust the speed limits automatically to govern traffic.

I did burn it onto DVD - very interesting indeed. Features some crazy guy who designed and built his own 400km/h speedster!

G

Unregistered
i mean a speed de-limiter
i have juced the serach optine but i havend found anything
can you tell my the right thread or give me the link to the thread
which wire to cut

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I think you will find it is built into the ECU and thus difficult to remove without 'flashing' or remapping the ECU.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Nope, I've read on ClubVR4 that you simply cut the speed sensor wire going into the main ECU.

Check their site as to the details about which one. I don't remember reading about any drawbacks/downsides - other than dataloggers not being able to record your speed I guess,

cheers

Lee

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Everyone needs to get on the German autobahn at least ONCE in their lives !!!!!!

I did 2 years ago in a Mercedes-Benz E270 Diesel hehe. There's nothing like cruising at 190km/h !!!

Trying to remember my top speed.... think it was somewhere around 230km/h. We filmed the whole thing to have proof !

Here in Oz I RARELY EVER go over the 110 limit. Just doesn't do anything for me anymore hehe. ;-) Plus I don't want to risk losing my Legnum :)

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
you can buy an expensive apexi jobby, but i f you do a search on club vr4 you just cut a wire coming out of the ecu. it has no adverse affects just gets rid of the cut!

G

Unregistered
Or you can use a Haltech Miniceptor unit. Does three in one, eletronic boost control, retuning of vehicle, duel mapping AND speed limiter removal.

Top Bottom