Squeeking fans???

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
hi guys my ac vents seem to have a squeek coming out of them it gets louder the higher the fan speed/? any ideas on a fix? its not full on but it is annoying and would love to get rid of it, guessing its in the blower but not shore were it is and if thats it or its a comman thing thats something else

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Squeak sound ? Maybe something is stuck Like plastic or paper inside tunnel of vent ? But that would make like a ugly sound, I've had that in my old Mazda, dunno how it came in but a piece of plastic bag was found.

Unless something under dash is abit loose like a bolt/screw holding boxes and when air con/heater is on, it vibrates and maybe squeaks ? Just guessing now.

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
Hey gt yer it's more of a whistle now I think about so piece of plastic or something might be the culprat. Any chance u know we're air blower is? I'm guessing under glove box? And if it not in the in the tunnels which is kinda what it sounds like but it whosles out both left and right vents but still. Maybe aircompress from blower end try push it out ? Just spit balling here lol

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Yeah blower under dash, could be under glovebox side can't remember, but with my SP20 luckily it was in the tunnel middle of dash so wasn't to hard to get it out, dunno how it was in there just all of a sudden. Sorry I couldn't be much of help.

Top Bottom