Stagea vs Legnum dyno day

G

Unregistered
Hi guys im from sau and am organisng a dyno day and was wondering if any of you legnum owners would love to join in on the day and have a battle of the wagons.
Here is a email from regarding all information and the location. No date has been set yet but will be set once we have the numbers.
Cheers Brendan

hank you for your enquiry.

First up the Dyno will run All Wheel Drive or Rear Wheel Drive as may be required.
Some of your guys may want a run in RWD only,most would be in AWD.

Dyno Days are Run on Saturdays only.
The minimum numbers to run a Dyno Day would be 10 vehicles Pre booked with a maximum of 15 vehicles.

Classic Performance Dyno Centre Club Dyno days are held differently to most other Dyno facilities as follows.

The Vehicles are given a quick safety check over for tyre pressures oil level tyre condition etc.

Then they are secured on the Dyno.(centred,strapped front and rear) and connected to the Dyno for logging.

The vehicle owner is requested to sit in the passenger side of the vehicle whilst on the Dyno to enable the operator to discus the procedure with the owner.

The vehicle is initially run at light throttle to check stability, fuel mixtures, o2 sensor operation an control.

This is followed by a Speedo accuracy check, which also allows the engine temperature to stabilise and the turbo to be up to operating temperature.Note that this also allows checking of mixtures at other than WOT.

Next is the power run test whilst monitoring Air Fuel Ratio and Boost pressure and also listening for detonation.

If at any point the Dyno operator determines that there are issues with the vehicle the Dyno run will be terminated.

As the vehicle returns to idle after the power runs (usually two or three runs are performed) and is allowed to cool down,the Dyno operator will discus any issues or suggestions for performance upgrades.

Followed by printing of the best power run test and removing the vehicle from the Dyno.

Please note that the Dyno Cell is a closed room and only the Dyno Operator and the vehicle owner are inside during runs.
All other participants are welcome to view the Dyno in our Customer Lounge with Wide Screen Monitor and double glazed viewing window to the cell.

All of this as you can imagine takes time to complete.

Allow approximately 20 -30 minutes per vehicle.

The cost for Dyno Days is $ 60.00 per vehicle.

Please note that this may be a fraction more than some other Dyno operators charge.
However we feal that the service that we offer and the value of the information to the vehicle owner is second to non.

Most other Dyno days are one run no safety checks no feed back and no information and a print out.

Our Dyno days are not operated as a profit generating day , but as a friendly PR social day.

If you and your friends would like to take advantage of one of our Dyno Days please contact me for a booking and more information.

Note Dyno Days are usually booked four weeks or more in advance.

Ashley Hobson
Classic Performance Dyno Centre
33 Chapman Rd
Hackham SA 5163

big vik VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Victor
Drive
mazda SP20, wanting a Galant
if i'm free i'll give it a shot, see what my car has got. all stock lol

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Would be keen, but I am only home till the middle of October before I depart for work. Unfortunately I would definately not have i/c and remap done before then.

Come on guys, who is going to step up? I put my leggy on during a foz dyno day early this year, and did most of them with only a 3" cat back:)

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
I'm interested as long as my car is complied by the time it's scheduled for (arrives in Adelaide for compliancing tomorrow supposedly)

-Dave-

G

Unregistered
So is anyone keen from here wont be sure of the date till i have numbers so i can book in the day. So far we have 6 stag guys so only needing 4 more to book in the day.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Sorry, can't commit unless you give me a date as I am going o/s for work in about 5 weeks

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
maybe keen to see what mine does stock, however its not a wagon.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
yeh il be interested, pretty busy early Oct but a saturday should be good. I bought my car already modded so id like to see what i got. Count me in!

MooIsTaken

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jordan
Drive
'99 Galant SeriesII Type V
If you open it up to Galants i'll come down as well

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
I'm keen if everyone else is keen, I need a date too though so I can see if I'm free and if I can take work off.

Would be awesome to give the other wagons a run for their money!

G

Unregistered
Once i have a list of 10 have 6 atm. I can finalse days with the guy and then organise when is good for you. So at this stage it would be looking like late early november that this will go ahead.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
My brother has a Volvo................ sorry I meant Stagea wagon, I will see if he is interested. His is a Black 2000 RWD Auto

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Oh damn, yeah I did that the other day. Walking in town to Unibooks for some of her text books and I pipe up with 'Lawl, that Volvo is doing the Japanese tinted rear / no tinted front", then I saw the Nissan badge *facepalm* :D

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Oh damn, yeah I did that the other day. Walking in town to Unibooks for some of her text books and I pipe up with 'Lawl, that Volvo is doing the Japanese tinted rear / no tinted front", then I saw the Nissan badge *facepalm* :D
that isnt a japanese thing. its a factory regulation for all cars. its just that jap imports have to go thru compliance so cant get away with front tinted windows as easily as aus delievered cars.

G

Unregistered
ok ed84 is added to the list so we have 7 3 more to go come on guys show us stag guys what u got.

Top Bottom