Stagea Vs VR-4

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
personally, the Avalanche. I think they look quite nice and you can still twin turbo them :) The stagea's are just too ugly

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Dont get me wrong, they is U G L Y :(. But if ya into that sort of thang, they are a good option.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I think the standard adventura with the matte black plastic all over it is ugly, but the HSV ones where it is all painted look a lot better imho.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Dont get me wrong, they is U G L Y :(. But if ya into that sort of thang, they are a good option.

I was refering to the Stagea, lol. But I just can't like anything with a holden badge.

G

Unregistered
If you can find a 33GTR for $20,000, spread the word. As long as it ain't stuffed you would be looking at $30,000ish no probs for one. A stagea is different to a 33GTR it is not a race bred car, rather a sports wagon. It is far different to that of the GTR's, but thats what makes them what they are. Also 260RS's are the equivalent of R34 Nur specs (only in rarity), rare as hell and only a select few could buy them as only a select number were made. Thats why the price is so high. (Laws of Demand and Supply - High demand, little supply = lots of money)
I would agree that you can get a 33GTR cheaper, it would be quicker, handle better, but acts only as a racing style car and can't be a family car. i.e. Stageas are much more practical for families etc...
I wasn't having a go at you at all if interpreted that way. A GTR is in another league to the 260RS.

This one looked alright for 21K, sold now.
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modules/stock/index.php?StockID=4428

True there are some dodgy ones that will cost you if they pop, but I can see 33 Gtr's hovering around 20 - 25 for time to come.

There are heaps of guys on SAU selling theirs for 25 and some are really neat cars. A lot of skylines have been brought into the contry and I think people aren't seeing their resale hold all that well. It'd be worse for gtst owners who bought their car for 25k from a dealer a few years back and now want to upgrade to big brother..

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Imagine spending 25-30k on a 33 GTSt 4-5 years ago. Being all proud and happy that you got something rare/fast and cool.
Now ya drive around any suburb in AU at any time of the day and can count 1 every 5 mins and its worth 8-15k
Lets hope this wont be all of us in 5 years :rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
imagine? i did.
i bought a stock 33 for $21,000 3 years ago, spent another 10-15 grand on it.
when it got written off 6 months ago, i got $13,000 for it. :(
not to mention i just had the engine rebuilt 3 weeks prior....

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
This one looked alright for 21K, sold now.
http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modules/stock/index.php?StockID=4428

True there are some dodgy ones that will cost you if they pop, but I can see 33 Gtr's hovering around 20 - 25 for time to come.

There are heaps of guys on SAU selling theirs for 25 and some are really neat cars. A lot of skylines have been brought into the contry and I think people aren't seeing their resale hold all that well. It'd be worse for gtst owners who bought their car for 25k from a dealer a few years back and now want to upgrade to big brother..

It does look very nice (love the rims), but remember that there is compliance on top of that price and thats where they will rake the money in from buyers, especially for gtr's. Once you mention GTR, RB26 the prices just jump... Its stupid but they are delicate engines and cars and thats why they can charge so much to do simple things.

zErTeK[2k]

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Varis Widebody Evo 5
Mk4 Golf GTi
only buy a GTR if you have the money to maintain it. they run bearings like theres no tomorrow so have some spare cash to do full rebuilds. they are very nice cars tho :) soon they will be everywhere tho.

legnum ftw :)

G

Unregistered
Here are a couple of pics of my old stagea I had a couple of years ago. I sold it before the prices droped too much.

Attachments

• Stagea Dyno.jpg
    Stagea Dyno.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Stagea side.jpg
    Stagea side.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 26

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
stageas still look like hearses......lol

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
That being said, I've laid eyes on Kylie's (mitchy's partner) black StageA when I was in Perth for work a month. Goddamn :D

G

Unregistered
buy it for your fiance! haha
kylie has fallen for a certain twin turbo v6... ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Oddly enough Mitchy, so has mine. She wants to drive it home from the airport after I pick her up on Monday (she's been away in Europe for the last month and a half). Oh sure, no problem... jet-lagged and right off the flight? :)

G

Unregistered
haha, quick find another 2 super's to swap.. theres one here in wa, go get the one from kamikaze :p

G

Unregistered
i'd quite happily have another super legnum/galant in the driveway

G

Unregistered
Mitchey get ur misses to buy Zac's ... that would be well cool !!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
yeah it is a nice car, and you'll get it at a good price too!

If I had another VR-4, my ideal spec would either be:

facelift + black leather + auto + 18" BBS RK wheels

super vr-4 + facelift wheel arches + EVO 8 17" wheels

Top Bottom