Sticker residue

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
ok so as you all may know i just got my legnum last thursday, im cleaning it up a bit and i seem to have the sticker residue al over it... Is there any easy way to getthis off without damaging the surface of the dash?

G

Unregistered
Dunno if it will damage, but Eucalyptus Oil is by far the best residue remover I've used. Got the left over glue from my window tinting off with GREAT ease.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
ok i will try some of that then unless anyone else has some other ideas?

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
You could try prepsol, It work a treat on paintwork but it atkes everything off and the car needs a re-wax after, It might be a bit strong for the dash and damage it though.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Prepsol might take off the entire plastic coating on the dash! But a little little little bit on a rag would defiantly make short work of sticker gunk, just have a damp cloth to quickly wipe it off afterward.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
hahaha well i dunno if i like the sound of that, might see how that Eucalyptus oil goes first

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Let us know how it goes, I have a bit of sticky residue on the centre of my dash i've been trying to get off since I got my Leggy.

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
Seriously, Eucalyptus oil is the goods. it will work a treat.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Yep Eucalyptus is one of the best ways to get sticky mess off things like that
how did you go

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
my car was the same; had stickers on the body of the car, windows and inside the windows. got told to try 'bug and tar remover'. and worked way better than i expected. doesnt leave any stains or strips paint finish, etc. just dab it on, wait 5 mins and use ur elbow grease. everything WILL come off.

G

Unregistered
Prepsol is fine I used it for years as a detailer but remember to wipe it off with a damp cloth. I never ruined a dash it is fine to use just in moderation dont pour it on.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
As suggested, citrus-based cleaner (its the citric acid that's at work here, but you can find it marketed as eucalyptus cleaner too) is a fantastic product for sticker glue although doesn't always work if the glue is old and dried out (such as the old pads from roof-mounted aerials).

Also be aware that it can damage some plastic surfaces - use it on a CD cover for example and it will go milky. So test it somewhere not easily visible first.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I actually find that for many cases of leftover adhesive muck, a piece of packing tape (or in a pinch, just some ordinary clear desktop cellophane tape) will do the trick. You stick it on over the muck, rub it with your fingernail, and pull it off. A little bit of the muck will come off each time you do this. Repeat about twenty times, using fresh tape when necessary. Sounds stupid and tedious but it works - I do this all the time on CD cases and stuff and it usually only takes a few minutes.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Go into Autoparts and ask for wax and grease remover. It is about $9 and will do the job.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Another vote for eucalyptus oil here, that stuff is gold.

Good for sorting out colds and flus too ;)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Another vote for eucalyptus oil here, that stuff is gold.

Good for sorting out colds and flus too ;)

It's a little known fact that colds and flus are actually caused by leftover sticker residue in your lungs.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'd be devastated if my Galant arrived with sticker residue. It would mean that it had once had Japanese stickers on it and they were gone! Yesterday I spent more buying 4 stickers than I did buying my flight home...

mickelmaster

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Michael
Drive
91 Madaz MX-5
Dunno if its been mentioned yet, but WD-40 or similar works, use a whatever you want to wipe it off, no damage, well this was tried on a chrome bike i used to have and came out looking better :p

Top Bottom