stock radiator

G

Unregistered
just the other day i relised i could smell some coolant, so i opened the bonnet to find cooland sprayed around the eng bay.
my first impression was that it was the rad cap but then i saw a hairline crack on the top end tank.
went to natrad to see if i could get it temp welded till i sorce a new one or a alli performance rad. the guy told me they are plastic end tanks, he found me a aus delivered end tank that would fit the legnum. its costing me $200 for the endtank aluminium bath and full clean out..
ill ask the guy for the part number and ill post it up.
also ill post up some photos when i can.
cheers joe

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yep they do that all the time! There is a replacement all metal radiator out there but it is very expensive from Japan. $200 doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

G

Unregistered
yea i thort it was a good deal.. do you know of any companys that make a aluminium performance rad for the legnum, would be a worth while investment..

G

Unregistered
i had the same thing happen. it cost me 300 and i got a new one from new zealand from a performance shop. running sweet now. gotta be careful with a new radiator cause the tranny cooler runs trough it. you would need a tranny cooler as well as a new radiator.

G

Unregistered
any idea on the part number joe?

the overflow nipple has broken off mine, and i want to replace the top tank.
i'd prefer to get an alloy aftermarket one, but being auto, i havent found one that has a tranny 'cooler' in it.

(cooler being used loosely, as it more keeps the oil in operating temp range, than cooling it) i've got an aftermarket tranny cooler, but its run before the radiator, so the water can bring the oil up to operating temp if its over cooled.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
ahhhh the joys of already having the metal one from japan :) not intending to rub anyone the wrong way...

depending on how much it costs extra, should you just go for the metal one from japan if you can get one so that you dont have the problem again? or is it not a common thing to have happen anyway

Top Bottom