Subwoofer in my Legnum

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I just finished installing a sub with a custom enclosure. As I didn't want to sacrifice practicality for sound quality, I built the box to suit the shape of the car rather than the recommended size and shape for the subwoofer I bought. Importantly, it is easily removeable yet the under floor access is not impeded at all when the subwoofer is present.

The sub is a Kenwood KFC-WPS1000F and the amp is a Kenwood KAC-8104D.

Anyway the results can be seen in my members rides thread here
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31966&postcount=61

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Great looking install, so when are you posting up the plans :)

would love to do that to mine as well

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Great looking install, so when are you posting up the plans :)

would love to do that to mine as well

Plans? We don't need no steenkin' plans!

I actually made a mockup out of cardboard first and then used it as a template. I cut the MDF pieces in a suitable order so that I could test-fit them as I made them. There was a lot of trimming and filing involved - there are no right angle joins anywhere on the side that hugs the wheel well.

I wanted the driver to be behind a rigid grille for protection, thus the inside-mount configuration. The original plan was to just drill a mesh of holes for a grille, but then I thought about cutting out a Mitsubishi logo and it went all Transformer-y from there lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Nice work Derek..... I was thinking of a similiar setup for mine except i would be using both sides as i have 2 subs to install :D

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Ah, only if they are causing cancellation........ :)

This problem would only occur if -

You don't have the amp power to drive the subs hard enough for the pressure they create (will happen with all setup's)........

Your phase is out between the 2 subs or,

If you wire one in backwards and one pushes and one pulls....... And i have seen it done lol.....

OOOhh....... And apparently my leggie is makin 130dB off a single 12" sub in a sealed box at 2 OHMS - 300WRWS Lolz........ Would be interested to see what yours will put out with that style of setup Derek, my sub faces directly to the rear of the car, let me know if you find out the figure!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
OOOhh....... And apparently my leggie is makin 130dB off a single 12" sub in a sealed box at 2 OHMS - 300WRWS Lolz........ Would be interested to see what yours will put out with that style of setup Derek, my sub faces directly to the rear of the car, let me know if you find out the figure!

Not that much, undoubtedly. It's not an earth shaker - it just gives a nice bit of oomph and rumble. Enough for me!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hahaha, thats the way..... Well mate ur install is very shmick and if its loud enough for you then thats all that matters! :)

Top Bottom