Superior Suspension Swaybars Upgrade

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Reviving an old post. Are the Shelby 24/27 bars better then the cusco 22/24. What’s the pro’s and cons for these setup’s

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
What I can say, Ive been told (by Steve) that going Superpro/Selby is bad idea if you have MCA coilovers. Soon Ill know good enough as I have XCs and rear 27mm bar, if will be really scary Ill get cusco then. Also I know for sure that Ill go softest setting on it haha

Ask @Smurph, he has Selby bars, as well as @jungle ;)

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
I’ve got the bilstein coil overs in my car. And there rock solid

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
The Shelby setup was originally done by Gary a suspension engineer for standard shocks. Everything changes once you move away from that.
That being said it's the setup I have(24/27), but I also have softer springs than most.
The 27mm rear is very bloody stiff. I used to run that size on the front of my RWD track car.
I can make mine over steer in slow corners relatively easily by throwing it in. On faster corners when the suspension gets loaded up depending on what you do with weight transfer it can under steer or over steer depending on what you want.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
The Cusco bars might be better for cars with stronger springs.

Reactions: Gav

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Ai guess I should have said Gary Cook, was a long time suspension engineer in many categories. He knows his stuff.

Plus I should add, don't think that if you get the Selby bars your car will be an over steering drift monster. It won't. It will also very much depend on the toe camber and caster settings. A lot of people wrongly place little importance on these settings, like anything it's a combination of settings to get the desired result.

Reactions: Gav
Top Bottom