Swaybars. Anything local?

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I just went through the Whiteline Catalogue and there is no listing for the EC5W Galant or Legnum.

Are there any other local manufacturers or suppliers that have or can get front and rear swaybars?

If not, I will have to get someone to bring some in from Japan for me.

G

Unregistered
www.rhdjapan.com

sell cusco ones,
legnum/galant items are the same

I have the galant not a legnum. I sent rhd an email about this swaybar fitment into EC5A chassis. and they said it will not fit.....:confused:

Gly how sure r u it will fit into galant body?

G

Unregistered
sure enough... jump on club vr4 is you wish,

theres a few galant guys using these on there vr4's....

best to ask on there thou... i drive a legnum :)

G

Unregistered
The Galant and Legnum swaybars are interchangeable. They bolt to the subframes so you don't have to worry about bodyshell differences.

I use the Cusco ones myself. They help stop the tip, but they do have some flex so that you still get some 'Feel' that the chassis is loading up in a corner. Theyre both easy enough to fit, the front one is a bit more of a pain as the exhaust and transfer box tail get in the way. The easiest thing to do is to unbolt it, let it drop down onto the box and then waggle it out towards the drivers side, rotating, moving and waggling as you go.:)

G

Unregistered
thanks kieran for the information....

I want to get those front and rear for my galant.... =)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas.. I know this thread is very very old and my question is swaybar related.. not specifically for vr4's so I didn't want to open up a new thread..

my questions are..

If I was to upgrade the swaybars of a FWD car (front & rear) to about 3-5mm or more over the standard size.. (let's say the factory was 18mm and I've changed it to a 20-22mm)

what will it do to the car (apart more precise cornering, less under or over steer & etc) will the car be crappy to drive on normal straight roads?

And also let's say that there are 2 models one car's got stock struts but with lowered springs (usually Kings Springs) and another on totally stock suspension..

you guys might be wondering why im asking this question.. I'm thinking of replacing the stock swaybars and probably suspension as well on my gf's car..

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Swaybars are the best first step in suspension upgrades. The car shouldn't feel any different going straight.

There's also the Selbys ones made in Sydney that were used on HPI's feature Galant VR4. __ET__ has these on his Legnum.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It will make it understeer more. You actually want to go with a bigger rear bar.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
All I know is that when I did the front and rear sway bars on my Prelude, it came to life around the corners. I was taking some of the sweeping ones on and off the eastern in Doncaster @ 60kph or more.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Yeah thats true when I installed sway bars on my car it took corners super fast and the car stayed flat, no body roll at all.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
thanks fellas.. so 1-2 step bigger at the front and 2-3 step bigger at the rear to reduce understeer... :)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I have ET's old selby's sway bars in mine (with some modification).

And they make the car so much more stable it's amazing. I need to play with the adjustments though as it feels like it understeers a bit too much still.

Great improvement on stock though. Well worth it.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
so if i replace just the rear, that will reduce understeer, induce more oversteer correct? i did this on my lancer and the ass end would like to step out on heavy braking into a corner, twas sick as lol

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yeap thats basically it. There were some huge storms here in the 3rd and 4th week of July last year and tons of flooding. I had my Cusco 24mm in the rear but the stock front bar on. I did about 500km of driving that weekend, the car was very well balanced through corners in the wet and felt very good indeed.

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
Hi all,

just to resurrect this thread. I understand that Legnum/Galant swaybars are the same. Two brands mentioned are Selby and Cusco, are there anything else available? does anyone know who distributes the Selby swaybars?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Fulcrum suspensions bought selbys a little while back so they may do them by now (07 3892 9000)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I've only ever come across the Selby and Cusco ones, never heard of anything else.

Top Bottom