Swigg / Dan from Melbourne

G

Unregistered
Hi VR4 heads.

Swigg here. I'm a huuuuge VR4 nut. I hail from NZ where I had a 1993 Gen 7 (E84A) VR4.

I'm now residing in Melbourne and am a week away from picking up my new baby. A black 1996 Gen 8 Legnum VR4.

Any recommendations on who should change my cambelt or will any old Mitsi dealer be fine. In NZ it was sweet cause every man and his dog owns one, but over here no many people know about them.

Thoughts people?

G

Unregistered
Hey Swigg, welcome to the forums :) Whereabouts in Melb are you located?

Be sure to check out the Vic Wash Patrol subforum in the East Coast forum, and join us at our next wash!

Regarding servicing, take a look at this thread: http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44 :D

Oh also, unless you just have a general dislike for people knowing it, can you please put your real first name in the name field in your profile? Cheers.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
swigg might be his first name, after all it's what aussie's like doing the most :)

Got any pics or more detailed specs of the car?

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Welcome mate, plenty of info on here to help or get you spending!
Enjoy your stay, and we might see you at a wash!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Bah, another Mexican! lol j/k.

Welcome mate, be sure to post some pics up of the new beast :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Chadstone Mitsubishi (Princes Hwy) have already serviced two Legnums, one of them is James' (JETVR4) Legnum which had the cam belt done. They need a bit of advance warning so they can order the parts from NZ or Japan however.

G

Unregistered

Hey people,

My first name is Dan LOL.

No pics yet or any details. I'm buying interstate so only have the specs the dealer gave me. So all i know is the standard 2.5 TT blah blah blah. By the look of the pics I can see a turbo timer attached to the dash under the steering column (sweet) one less thing to buy!!
Thats all for now unfortunately,
It's a 1996 black auto with cloth and a sunroof done 80k. I paid 16k on road.
What you guys think. Good buy or have i been ripped??

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That isn't a bad buy, black VR-4's are hard to come by, and sunroof's are desirable as well.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
good price for "onroad" IMO. Would have to see the car of course.

G

Unregistered
I'll get some pics up as soon as. I've got pics of my old GEN 7 if anyone is interested LOL!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Always interested to see pics of any VR4, Dan :) In fact, why not make a Member's Ride thread?

Welcome to the forums btw.

Just moved your thread to a more appropriate section of the forums, sorry for the slight confusion it may have caused ;)

Top Bottom