BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Anyone got any photos of the insides of the Auto transmission computer?

Cheers,
Bill

blackvr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mike
Drive
Vr4 Aspec
Hi, I have got a spare plastic case TCU . You can borrow it , or I can take a pic and post it up ? I'm on the NE side of Adelaide... Cheers Mike

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
if you can take the cover off and take a photo of it (particularly interested in the processor model)

Also, if someone has an auto leggy/galant, can you check the white reflash connector next to the OBD plug? need to know if there is 1 or 2 pins?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
will check the connector tonight for ya bill.

make TCU flash work so i can up line pressures and i'll be happy man ;)

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Thats the plan!

H8 Based magnas have two pins... one allows for reflash of the ECU, the other is for TCU :)

I've got a 4 speed TCU ROM off from a TF magna. All depends on the processor used, and the reflash connector :p

blackvr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mike
Drive
Vr4 Aspec
if you can take the cover off and take a photo of it (particularly interested in the processor model)

Has a user friendly processor... a MH7203FA . If you want to use it feel free. I replaced it in a VR4 due to some bright spark fitting a stereo blowing the speed signal input driver. The rest works ok..

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
blackvr said:
Has a user friendly processor... a MH7203FA

BAM! there we have it... so i'm gonna go as far as saying there is 2 wires in the reflash connector on an Auto?

whats the case number of that TCU, and what did it come out of (fl/pfl)?

If you dont want it, i'll gladly take it off your hands. It might just help the auto guys out (i personally dont have an auto, but happy to get the ball rolling in the way of modding the auto)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Excellent.... Hmmm Must have a look at that AYC ECU

G

Unregistered
Can I put in my order?

1. Overdrive lock-out until 70kph, preferably switchable too
2. No auto downshifting when in tiptronic mode

That should do me, thanks!

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Can I put in my order?

1. Overdrive lock-out until 70kph, preferably switchable too
2. No auto downshifting when in tiptronic mode

That should do me, thanks!

Not making any promises, but i'm sure one day... but before anything happens, someones gotta confirm if there is two pins in the reflash connector... then download the rom for me to inspect :p

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
If someone with an auto can let me have a look at I can hopefully download the rom and get it to bill

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Best I can get with iphone in the work car park, but certainly looks like 2 to me.

707c9794.jpg

if you have a read file to access with ECUFlash then send the xml this way bill and i'll read the ecu for you.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
i dont have an XML file, but if you can do this:

1. move the the Pin on your Openport Reflash adapter to the next pin over - you can use a small screw driver to get it out
2. open ecuflash, choose 7203 or 7202 (i'm assuming depending on the age, it'll use one of the two processors - and pfl may not even have a H8 like ecus of the same era)
3. read the rom
4. when ecuflash asks for an XML file, just choose manually make a def (or something like that)
5. save the rom and upload in this thread for inspection!
6. move the pin back to where it was, otherwise you might accidently flash a ecu rom onto your tcu :p

Cheers,
Bill

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Forgot to mention, Lee - are you having trouble with your climate control lol, that plastic hose needs to attach to the back of the Climate contol unit. that tube draws air over a thermistor so it knows cabin temp :p

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Excellent, if you get nowhere lee, ill grab one from bens car next week. If you do get the rom can y one of you send it my way also?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Attached:
TCU rom, read using both MH7202 MH7203 methods as unsure what is inside the case (not that i should matter)

Get to it bill - i would help if I understood hex :S

Attachments

• TCU Read 7202.bin
    128 KB · Views: 44

blackvr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mike
Drive
Vr4 Aspec
If you dont want it, i'll gladly take it off your hands. It might just help the auto guys out (i personally dont have an auto, but happy to get the ball rolling in the way of modding the auto)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply... The case number is MR553458. Sure you can use the TCU. Call me on 0417 083 628. Cheers Mike

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
I've started disassembling the ROM you uploaded Lee. Been in sydney last two days, so it's whatever i could disassemble on the flights to and from (not a hell of a lot :p)

Hopefully will have something soon.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Does this mean that the AUTO can shift change like a mad man driving a Ferarri or Lambo specially with those rice up paddle shift like me? :D

Top Bottom