TD04HL-15T X2 may i use on vr4

DemonVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Erkki
Drive
Mitsubishi Galant VR4 FL recaro 2000, second ride Mitsubishi FTO mivec 1999, project CA5A V6 Colt
question is TD04HL-15T two of this just too much on vr4? anybody done that kind of converision? i have one outlandet 1gen turbo and know few of them for reasonable price.

or should i just go and buy some
TD04L-13T

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
13t will be quicker spool than the 15t. But comes down to what u want. 13t will be better daily

DemonVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Erkki
Drive
Mitsubishi Galant VR4 FL recaro 2000, second ride Mitsubishi FTO mivec 1999, project CA5A V6 Colt
Well car is mostly in daily use. So no one have done 15t? Anyone got extra 13t for sale for reasonable price? And not that cheap Chinese crap.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Best bet is to goto a jap wreckers. Will pick up a good tdo4-13t for about $150.

Adam Findlay is doing a setup for twin td04-20g turbos. But gonna need a hero of rpm to get them moving.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thats @smohekey motor.
Its not the 15T thats the problem its the HL turbine wheel.
A 15T compressor on a "L" turbine wheel would be perfect for a street car

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Hmmmm thanks Adam. Gives me more to think about when I push a bit harder.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
HL is great if you wanna make shitloads of top end. Anderz in finland has 19T HL's but details on his car are few and far between as he doesnt post much anymore.

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
Mine are TD04HL-20T (not G), and I have 9 blade, extended length turbines to try and combat the lag from them being a larger diameter.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Mine are td04h 19t's but my car is auto so I don't really care about the inevitable lag.

DemonVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Erkki
Drive
ive got now 2x TD04-13g and 3x td04hl-15t and going to try those td04hl, is there any kind of modification that i could do to the turbine that its spools quicker? or thats too expensive to try? going to try later post some pictures of turbos for comparison.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
if your worried about lag with the "HL" turbines put the 15T comp wheels and covers onto the "L" turbines.

Top Bottom