TD04s on the 6A13TT

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
I agree, the garret GT25's would be a great option for someone looking for some good power. I just dont want to replace the stock turbos with stock parts. I want something better than stock, without making it a pig to drive.
Mine is auto not manual so I need to be concius of driveablility and lengevity. Putting anything bigger than a TD04's will mean more strain on the auto, and other components like brakes etc.

If you were looking for a weapon, then sure, go for it, some TD05 16G's would be nice. GTpumps make some cheap and reliable options.

I just want to stick with the TD04's and get them right.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
on a manual you have more room around the gearbox as well, you could actually mount the turbos on either side of the gearbox. With auto's there isn't enough room for that at all, you really have to keep them down beside the engine and use very short stocky manifolds.

G

Unregistered
just remember thou,
that does not include the cost of tuning and an ecu.

"Also put a Link Plus G1 with over 40 hours of tuning to make it perfect cost me all up$3000"

OUCH!!

G

Unregistered
Once RPW fits the haltech onto our own test car, we will be able to provide some baseline tuning for everyone. This iwll mean that when purchasing one of our Haltech systems, 75% of the tuning is already done for you. WIth these systems I can usually tune most cars there after in around 2 hours on the dyno to fine tune and adjust for individual vehicles. Saves money for everyone, and makes it a true plug and play package.

As for the garrets, the GT2540 units, 220hp would produce the same spool time as a TD04 but have the top end of a TD05 without the loss of throttle response.

Again one of those things we will make will be new turbo manifold, dump pipe and intercooler pipig for this package.

G

Unregistered
woohoo, wa company too!

hopefully there will be a certain silver super vr-4 visiting rpw. ;)

G

Unregistered
lol once I get my car, have done a deal swapping tuning work on the dyno on a race buggy for importation of a free car. Just waiting for them to find one that meets my requirements. Hopefully shouldn't be too much longer cause I have already started getting gear ready for it - Brembo brakes are already in a box on the floor, rims and tyres.......

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Mitchy, you can be my Super VR-4 testbed then. It'd be greatly appreciated of course :D

G

Unregistered
1) TD04L-13T from Subaru WRX/Forester can be fitted on stock manifolds.
2) Whoever said eMU is "trouble" of any sort, obviously never had one... It's easy and is worth every cent you spend on it.

PS: On a side note. Piping(high and low pressure), clutch, intercooler, exhaust, downpipes, oil cooler... and stuff like bonnet, plugs and wires... resulted in 12.8 ET on 1/4 mile... Stock turbos, pump, injectors, ECU.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
1) TD04L-13T from Subaru WRX/Forester can be
PS: On a side note. Piping(high and low pressure), clutch, intercooler, exhaust, downpipes, oil cooler... and stuff like bonnet, plugs and wires... resulted in 12.8 ET on 1/4 mile... Stock turbos, pump, injectors, ECU.

That's good to know. What about boost control ? and what level of boost ?

G

Unregistered
That is the same car that is pushing for 10's now isn't it?

G

Unregistered
That is the same car that is pushing for 10's now isn't it?

No. Just pushing it forward... :D will see what it's capable of at the track, hopefully this year.

PS: At least I know the best time for 8th generation Galant/Legnum is something like 12.44 or 12.33 with nitrous and 11.94 on 2xTD04Ls, so here is my goal for now, to beat those times... ;)

G

Unregistered
Instead of going for td04L. I am planning of using the Td03H. It a bit bigger than the stock td03 and a bit smaller than the td04L.

TD03H pictures:

The idea of using the Td03H is to get both side of the coin, maintain engien stock realibitily and getting useful engine power. There shouldn't be problem with the space limitation on the engine bay. And according to my friend whom going to tune the Haltech E11v2, the boost should be able to kick in earlier than the stock turbo and hit 1 bar. Not much of boost but should be sufficient. Beside I don't to upgrade the internal to keep the budget down. As most of the budget will be spent on getting the Haltech E11V2 stand alone ecu. If I more budget to spent, I'd for sure go for Motec M600 :rolleyes:

Right now I am in process of installing electric a/c to trunk and convert to electric power steering using the suzuki karimun power steering. So the only belt attach to the engine is only the alternator.....sweeeeettt....pure power transfer to the ground....

I'll post more picture later....There is a problem with image shack, somehw I couldn't upload picture......

G

Unregistered
the tdo3 on the vr4s can hit 15psi/1bar with no problems.
anything above that and there gutless.... they can get upto 20ish but drop off to around 15psi they can maintain anything above that.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Any ideas what psi the stock boost is ? and what it goes to with a decent exhaust and front mount ?

G

Unregistered
Any ideas what psi the stock boost is ? and what it goes to with a decent exhaust and front mount ?

last time I checked the stock engine produce around 0.6 bars or about 8 psi

With decent exhaust, front mount intercooler, and a good boost controller, the amoutn useable boost would be in 1 bar and then drop to around .9 bar. Anything over 1 bar, with the setup i mentioned above is useless. You won't be getting any power increment.

I tested on drag strip, the car spec is 6a13tt stock engine with auto 'front wheel drive' with several modification like 3' exhaust piping, HKS rear box, bigger FMIC, redo all the intercooler piping, emanage ultimate, and greddy profec B spec 2 boost controller....

With 0.9 bar, my time was 14.5 sec for quartermile. And try this two time and the time is about the same.... then I tried to increase the boost to about 1.1 bar.....I lost .3 second of my time.....I had 14.8 sec for my quarter mile....

The time is not that great for a 6a13tt engine because I live in Indonesia. It's tropical country where the humidity is very high and also the aspalt on the drag strip is not as smooth as it should be....

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you did the runs 3 times in a row you might have been heatsoaking the engine rather badly, especially in Indonesia! Also the transmissions shift slower when they get hot.

G

Unregistered
I didn't do it 3 times in a row....

The line before start is quite long so it took me probally about 1 hour or so from the first run to the second run.......

G

Unregistered
14.5-14.8? Seems kinda low for 0,9 bar...

Mostly stock car (5MT) with just upped boost to 0,9 bar and aftermarket exhaust, ran 13,7. With EMU 13,5. The best time for stock Galant (stock turbos, ECU, fuel) is 12.873

It's fwd auto? Ok. Maybe it's about right than...

Top Bottom