TD04s on the 6A13TT

G

Unregistered
530 cc are enough for a lot of power...

Try this for calculating inj size:
Engine Calculator 1.2

Even with VE=100, Boost at 21 psi and power at 485-545 bhp... 530 cc should have (depending on AFR of course) 0,8-0,9 duty cycle which is on the edge, but acceptable.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
so hurry up and drive it then! I doubt it would start to wake up below 4000rpm

G

Unregistered
It's not ready yet. Hopefully engine will be in the car on monday. Had to take it out and paint my engine bay... :)

engine.jpg

G

Unregistered
I doubt it would start to wake up below 4000rpm

:D btw... I'm sure it will suffer from more lag down the rev range than td04 equiped car... but I don't think I'll be too laggy...

That's how 2xTD04L-13T spooled up (in bar, 1 bar ~ 14.7 psi)...
000.jpg

020.jpg

030.jpg

040.jpg

050.jpg

055.jpg

057.jpg

Will do the same test on 2xTD05 equiped car. ;) I think it will be ~3300 rpm to 0,57 bar (stock boost) and 1bar (14,7 psi) in under 4000rpm... ;) I can live with that!

What's your est.numbers Brad? :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I'd guess a little bit less than 1 bar at 4000rpm, but I guess we'll need to wait and see. What ECU are you running?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Did you see my post on cvr4? I'm building up a fully forged engine as well now. Just need to decide whether to go with 2x gt2554r's or 2x td05's. Also thinking about ball bearing Subaru VF29's

My 850CSi is going to be quite a bit of a money draw unfortunately!

G

Unregistered
valmes,

I think u have to consider of getting a stand alone...maybe haltech E8 or if you extra money to spend get the E11v2...

I had the Greddy Emanage Ultimate with the stock engine....not too impressive in term of performance gain....and some of the feature is not working....such as the radiator fan trigger, Auto tune of the AFR, some other feature that I can't remember...also the I tried to tweaked the injector and fuel...nothing happened.... that's why I am going to get the e11v2 to replace my EMU...

I tried my friend's mitsubishi strada with E8 is much better than when he used the EMU. it's more tuneable......

I know it's gonna cost u more, but with the whole setup that u have, it would better that u have the stand alone ecu as it will give u all the engine modification potential......

G

Unregistered
2 Brad

Yes, I've seen your post on clubvr4. Good luck with your project! ;)
How is your 850CSi going to need that much money if you are planning on keeping it stock?

2 GalantVR4
Dunno... For me everything is working just fine. That's not my first setup with EMU and I was able to get 4.46 (0-60) and 12.7 (1/4) on only 1 bar (14.7 psi) of boost... Don't think I need a standalone for driving down the street :)

EMU can certainly do better in some departments (but some bugs are taking forever to get rid of... I am talking about Trust/Greddy here), but it does everything I ask it to do (I mean all of the important stuff is working, np there). The advantage however is in keeping stock ECU that can adjust for various situations... Over here for example we have temp vary from +30C = summer, to -30C in winter time.

I don't have anything against standalones... In fact we have Twin Turbo Z06 running stand alone BigStuff3 computer, but that's a different story and that Vette is for Drag Only... :) and couple of friends here have a good hand at tuning AEM, Motec, Autronic, PFC etc. so I know my options :) and for now I'm satisfied with my choice! :)

PS: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 V6 - 10.3 sec 1/4 mile, using EMU ...

G

Unregistered
EMU can certainly do better in some departments (but some bugs are taking forever to get rid of... I am talking about Trust/Greddy here), but it does everything I ask it to do (I mean all of the important stuff is working, np there). The advantage however is in keeping stock ECU that can adjust for various situations... Over here for example we have temp vary from +30C = summer, to -30C in winter time.

the haltech shouldn't have problem with this...as the one that has the problem with temperature is microtech ecu...

I don't have anything against standalones... In fact we have Twin Turbo Z06 running stand alone BigStuff3 computer, but that's a different story and that Vette is for Drag Only... :) and couple of friends here have a good hand at tuning AEM, Motec, Autronic, PFC etc. so I know my options :) and for now I'm satisfied with my choice! :)

i was just asking why with all the mods that u have and ur not using the standalone....but if the EMU works well with u then go for it...

PS: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 V6 - 10.3 sec 1/4 mile, using EMU ...[/QUOTE]

that's pretty fast for a big heavy engine.....

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
An EMU is good, but if properly tuned a full ECU will be better. Obviously the problem is that if you are trying to tune it yourself, you need to start with a huge table of blank cells on a full ECU, whereas with an EMU or other piggy back you are just adjusting the current values as a percentage.

The 850CSi will be expensive to get up to scratch again Valmes, lots of servicing work and things will need to be done on it.

G

Unregistered
I know I've promised some pictures on monday, but there is nothing to post just yet... :)

P1030498.jpg

Top Bottom