Team NZ

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
I wasn't sure where to post this. I am moving to NZ for a job and was contemplating shipping my Legnum over. I was hoping that some NZ folk could tell me a bit about having a roadworthiness inspection, how stringent the inspectors are etc. I know the import laws are quite good compared to those in Aust but what's the situation with modified cars, suspension, exhaust, brakes etc?
thanks in advance.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Cheaper to buy 1 over there.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
Yeah I'm not sure how much it would be to ship a car over here but I imagine it's not worth it. Plus the fact VR4s are cheaper here, although it looks like you've looked after yours, a lot here are owned by people who wouldn't know that there was a VR4 badge on their tailgate.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
yeah thing is I am losing money selling mine here, the market is shite, i know they are cheap and comparatively plenty in NZ but I have a decent relocation package.....

so can someone please tell me a bit about "low volume vehicle cert and other crap" whats the deal with cars sitting low on coilovers and with loud exhausts? is this a problem??

low+vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 VR4 Legnum MT
They are cheap over here and there is plenty but most are thrashed and not looked after. Very rarely a clean and tidy one will pop up on the forums or trademe.

Top Bottom