Tein EDFC II discussion

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
My FL Legnum I've had for 2 years and is in the middle of some major work has Tein GT Wagon Coilovers fitted to it. The springs are too stiff and I need to work on that, but I also wonder about routine damping adjustability because even with a better spring rate the damping will be too stiff for family duties.

Every now and then I see a Tein EDFC II Kit for sale on eBay and I wonder - should I buy that?

Your thoughts on the usability of an EDFC kit - primarily for "sport" vs "family" damping settings are what I'm curious about.

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
1997 PFL Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
I would also like to know if anyone has had any experience with the active damping setting and if it makes any difference. Following

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
I would also like to know if anyone has had any experience with the active damping setting and if it makes any difference. Following
EDFC II has no active damping - you're talking EDFC Pro. Folks if you're going to discuss EDFC Pro make sure you point that out in your response please so I don't get confused.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
EDFC I or II will only work if your tein units are damper adjustable and also IF you can mount it..

i do know some models do not accommodate for EDFC

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
EDFC I or II will only work if your tein units are damper adjustable and also IF you can mount it..

i do know some models do not accommodate for EDFC
Mine support it, but the space above them might be limited. I'm worried I will hit the bonnet at the front and not fit under the covers in the rear.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I believe Gorgath used to have EDFC in his car and the bastard got it cheap too!

Boost-wagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ross
Drive
Vr4 pre face lift leggy
Nissan silvia
BMW e36
Did gorgath have a galant in white ? Also my pfl legnum has the efdc and I love it , so nice to be able to change on the go to suit the road or your mood haha , they do fit under the rear covers and only just touch the silver lining under the bonnet

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
no he had a red super wagon

Top Bottom