temporary driving permit nsw

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I've done a search for this and rung the RTA but was wondering how the people that got their's from the toll depot sydney drove it away, or did they all get the blue slip done nearby? The RTA guy I spoke to said that I had to take it to the nearest one but that isn't very convenient. I would prefer to get it home then sort all the rego stuff out as there is a blue slip place up the road and it seems easier to do it this way
Cheers

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
You can only drive it for the purposes of registration ie. from home to the blue slip place, or mechanics. You will have to get it towed if you want to go from the depot to your house (I had to do this)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I live in WA, so not certain how different our laws are on this... But our temporary permits only allow for driving to a licensing centre or to a workshop for work to be done to ready the car for licensing. However if you are doing such work yourself, its perfectly acceptable to drive the vehicle to your house. I asked about this specificially at the licensing centre I obtained my permit from. Such preparation can include anything from replacing headlights, getting an immobiliser fitted, removing tint, repairing damage etc. There's no way they can tell you you're not allowed to perform any of this work yourself, or have a callout mechanic etc come to your house to perform the work.

As for 'having to drive it straight to the nearest RTA' that's idiotic - the vehicle may not be ready to be licensed yet. You have every right to be able to take the vehicle wherever you need to prepare it for licensing. After all, the vehicle has just been through ADR compliance, as long as the engine runs I can't see how a cop could have any problem with it (or your intention for the car whilst driving on a temporary permit). Obviously you can't go doing your shopping or visiting your mates, but as long as you're driving it directly to your house (as that is where work will be performed) from the transport depot you should be fine... But ask your local licensing department to be sure.

G

Unregistered
NSW temp permit you need a pink slip and yea that sucks I know, whats the point.

Get it towed or drive it with a letter of intension at your own risk.

Top Bottom