The Accidents Thread

G

Unregistered
Well, story goes like this, today I was driving along Roe Hwy today behind a semi and in front of the semi was a courrier who lost a washing machine which was disintergrated by the semi and my car got showered with washing machine parts, lots of scractches, rang Fox Line and he said the driver is liable and will be in contact with me. Idiot should have it tied down!!!

G

Unregistered
oh, fcks!!!:(

How bad??? Photos? or is it too sad?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Yea hope it wasnt the leggie!!!

Not good either way, there are soooo many dodgy truckies out there

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
thats not good, but at least you get a free respray and all of those other little scratches taken out.

G

Unregistered
be glad you havent done this....

i did this to my ST just over a year ago now i think??...

was being a silly prick in the rain... came around a corner to fast,
hit the gas to early exiting... fish taled....
hit a palm tree, luckily no one around and no one with me,
was a $5000 repair, thank god i was insured!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 32

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Fark! Years ago I was driving along a busy road (Windsor Road for anyone around the area), and this Holden Rodeo ute pulls out from an intersection on the left (Terry Road, again for locals). This ute was a flat tray with no sides on it.

On the tray he had two massive sections of log, looked like they would've weighed about 40kg each, they weren't tied down at all. They slid across the tray and one fell off into oncoming traffic...a Ford Trader truck came over the hill and the log went straight into the its front wheel.

After it hit it flew straight at my front windscreen, I swerved to the left only to have it swipe along my driver's side door and push my B pillar in so far as to wedge my seatbelt against my seat.

Luckily, my TR wasn't written off. If I had a scanner I'd scan the pics of the car. I was very VERY lucky.

The worst part was that behind me was a motorcylist. If it was him instead of me he'd be dead.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
My worst was on my way into town for the regular Thursday night cruise at about 8pm in my modified GTi Swift (turbo/roll cage/body kit etc).

I pulled out on the highway and took it easy to 100 km/hr and about half a kay down the road I see this bloody big kangaroo jump right out in front of me and then smash the front drivers corner of the car. I had zero time to avoid the accident.

The damage was bonnet, front guard, headlight, radiator support panel, air con condenser, front bar and one dead roo. The worst part was cleaning of all the blood and fur :(

I was so angry about hitting the roo that I didn't take any photos, I was up early the next day stripping the car down.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Agh! I hate roos! I hit one in the magna, well it was a large wallaby, not a fully fledged roo. They cause so much damage, you're lucky (as was I) that it didn't go up and over the bonnet and into your windscreen

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I was a passenger in a 95 Peugeot 205Gti traveling down Snake Gully Road in One Tree Hill (For the SA drivers) for anyone else it's in the Adelaide hills and the road is nicknamed Snake Gully as the road winds like a snake.

As we were driving my mate (total wanker) was trying to get the arse end of the car to drift by steering it to the right then snapping it to the left. It really wouldn't of been so bad but he was doing 140kph and was only 17yo.

At this time I was freaking out at him as he'd almost lost it and all I wanted was to be let out the car but being the total wanker he was kept on doing it and this time he went to far and tailed it on the grass just off the road. Well this obviously made him lose all control and we went head first into a hundred year old gum tree. The police report stipulates that the estimated speed before impact was about 110kph head on into a tree. For the few seconds as I stared at the oncoming tree I honestly thought I was gonna die.

The last thing I heard was the deafening crunch of metal, I woke up a few mins later now staring at the smashed bonnet that was a blaze of fire. I jumped out the window, lucky that it was a hot day and it was down, then full of adrenalin I ran 200m up the road stopped and looked back towards the car. There was my mate, the driver stuck in a burning car I had to help him so I ran back and started pulling him out, he was a fat bastard too but I managed to pull him through the window dragging him by his face and hair. Once he was out the car 2 meters away the adrenalin wore off and I started to feel the pain of my crushed ribs. I couldn't drag him any further and he couldn't walk as he had a broken femur, at this time another car had stopped and a lady had joined me in dragging my friend away from now a car fully ablaze. We managed to get him a safe distance without a second gone by after the fire had reached the petrol tank and the car exploded. I had never seen a car explode before and as the noise pounded my ears and the car leaped up off the road I couldn't help but think it was like a movie.

After the explosion a splurge of anxiety rushed through me and I guess I went temporarily insane. Funny now but not at the time I was doing some odd things and by this time I had a large audience as well. I kept on proclaiming that I had psychically visioned this happening I was walking around ranting like a mad man. I took a piss right in front of about 15 people, on reflection there is nothing more surreal than taking a piss In front of a large crowd while a car burns behind you...

Well that's my saga, consider you all my new therapists...

G

Unregistered
Luckily, as my name suggests, I am actually a Psychologist! But that really is some crazy shit. I would have kicked the shit out of that 'friend' as soon as I'd pulled him free...

Leigh

G

Unregistered
I would've beat the shit out of him too.

or maybe take a piss on him instead.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hahaha! Nice one Mark ;)

Very VERY lucky to survive that, Matt. I think the police report was probably slightly wrong, as 110km/h impact would have seen the engine in the passenger compartment. But even so, a side impact, head turned the wrong way, a low-hanging branch, any number of things could have seen one or both of you permanently disabled or dead.

I've never been in a car with someone doing something so stupid, but I think I'd yank on the handbrake and punch them in the head if someone tried it... Probably why no one has ;)

Glad to see you're still here to tell the tale!! :)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah it's hard to believe, I wish I had pictures of the aftermath... The car was basically a shell... Half the engine ended up in the creek 10m away. The chassis didn't have much of a bend in it though... To be honest I don't recall the speed myself but I do remember him doing about 140 before he farked up as I was saying it at the time... There was a skid mark for about 50m(ish) before impact, if it wasn't 110 it was not far off it...

G

Unregistered
So lucky.....it just wasn't your day to die. That is crazy, as you always hear on the news about these accidents but never hear a first hand account (often theres no one to retell it)

My attempts at accidents are quite pathetic. Heading north on main north road through the grand junction intersection, some guy turned into the side of my car. I was in his blind spot to begin with and was accelerating past. I think he was too busy trying to look through his absolutely chock full wagon (shit piled up into the passengers seat) and forgot to look to the side/front when turning. He ended up turning into my drivers side rear door and scraping the back right hand corner. We exchanged details.

I thought I would be kind first and call him and let him strike a deal to not include insurance if he had the cash to pay outright, and not involve police etc. After many calls he never answered, so fark him, I reported the accident to the police and claimed it on insurance. A few months down the track Mr Plod called to say that the address he gave was an old address etc and finally caught up with him. If only he answered his phone....

2nd accident someone rear ended me at the lights at a very slow speed. The guys were young english guys visiting family and were looking at the map, not the lights. Very apologetic and ended up getting some UK pounds sent over to fix the paint on my rear bar.

maori_by_nature

Idling at the Lights
First Name
David
Drive
97 Legunm VR4
be glad you havent done this....

i did this to my ST just over a year ago now i think??...

was being a silly prick in the rain... came around a corner to fast,
hit the gas to early exiting... fish taled....
hit a palm tree, luckily no one around and no one with me,
was a $5000 repair, thank god i was insured!!

So wat do u go and do after that...? go and bye a faster car to try the same courner n.....:confused: :D :p

G

Unregistered
lol.... actually i havent...
im quite careful around that corner in the wet now,
even with all the extra hadling goodies the vr4 has :p

G

Unregistered
stationary skyline + commodore doing 90km/h ==

Attachments

• Image026 (Medium).jpg
    Image026 (Medium).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 22
  • Image027 (Medium).jpg
    Image027 (Medium).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Image028 (Medium).jpg
    Image028 (Medium).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 28

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
That's YOUR skyline Mitchy? I've could've sworn I've seen those photos before somewhere. Where else do you post? Bad luck to see that mate, I do feel for ya :(

Top Bottom