The car just won't start......

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
hmmm here is a ransom question......I took my car in to get a Boost gauge installed.....wired up...hose attached to the vacuum tube, the one below the red tiped tube where the boost controller is attached....and now the car wont start....it wants to kick over but just won't ... well it did once and now won't again.....does anyone know of a reason for this? possibilities? ANYTHING?

Problem is a shop was doing it for me...it has never had any trouble starting at all....now just won't get the last spark to run....

I am getting Christian to come help....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Not good Kev. If you screw up the vacuum pressure the computer may well kill the fuel pump until it recognises values its happy with. I'd suggest you have a pressure issue somewhere. Could be as simple as a hose left unattached or a clamp not tightened all the way. I doubt it would be more substantial than that :)

But I'd DEFINITELY be getting the shop to sort it out... and if you need to get anywhere, make them give you a loan car until they sort it.

G

Unregistered
the car will start with a vacuum leak, you can start the car then unplug a few hoses and it will still run, it will just idle lower.

their is 2 things a car needs to start, fuel and spark.
is it cranking over?

G

Unregistered
Wonder what they wired the boost gauge too ? prolly drained the battery ?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Guess what!!!

The HERO Christian has come along and saved the day!!!!! He ROCKS!!!!!!
I cannot give enough ups to this guy!!!!
What it was ...... a loose relay....in Japan they have had an aftermarket alarm....when the shop guy was going in the dash to put in the boost gauge he has knocked it and it has touched some metal shorting it out......Christian came in , ripped out the dash and found the problem in about 15 mins...even though the guys have taken a day and a half to do nothing!

Big ups Christian!!!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Nice one Christian, it's really nice seeing people actually helping one another on here, Makes it all worth it really :cool:

Top Bottom