The "importing a VR4" curse strikes again

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I guess this goes to show why lock-up garages and alarms with mobile phone notification can be VERY useful things to have...

I'm slightly worried about damage to the car when left in carparks and such, and been thinking about using a car cover for it. Do you think a car cover would be a good / useful idea, or just act as a target for idiots?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yes, but its gonna attract attention anyway ;) But I know what you mean - a car in a carpark under a cover will be visible from 100m away...

Hmm starting to think I'm gonna have to stop reverse-parking. A Legnum from behind just looks like a strange wagon. From the front though it looks like a beast, and that's attention I want to avoid :(

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
if you've got a prefacelift then just park it normally, noone will know what it is anyway.

If you've got an aftermarket bumper or wheels then it will attract attention, which is why I never take my purple VR-4 to a shopping centre or anything. I only drive it to places where I can park it off the street in front of my friends house, or similar. I just could never handle it being stolen.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Well my curse saga continues....

My crappy current daily driver got broken into at the train station yesterday. It's a piece of crap Excel and I can't believe someone actually tried to take it.

The steering column has been pulled apart and twisted, I think they were trying to break the factory steering lock which I must've locked on by habit.

The ignition barrel is also pulled apart so I don't need to leave the key in when driving now :)

They've gone through it looking for stuff but found nothing and left it in a mess. I wish the f*ckers had just taken it and burnt it out so I could get paid out but instead I have an annoying repair job that probably isn't going to be worth claiming on GRRRRRRR

The worst thing is how paranoid I now am about ever leaving the VR4 down there - I know that if someone wants to get your car they can get in pretty much wherever it is but I'm still very nervous. The trouble is, if I don't drive it to work, my Mrs will have to and she would have to leave it in a carpark near her work anyway. I'm definitely getting and alarm but that still doesn't stop f*ckers damaging it *sigh*

Lee

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
petty theives tend to leave nice cars alone - they know those cars are going to be harder to braek into, have better security, and wont be able to be stolen.

Old cars are pretty easy to get into so their easy targets.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I feel the same way, Lee. Which is why I'm gonna spend the dollars putting in an alarm system with GPS that can notify my mobile. I am on the road constantly for work, but fortunately I'm hardly ever more than a few hundred metres from it. Pity the fool that screws with my car - they'll be found in 15 different suburbs...

On the subject of cheap cars, I once owned a 1980 Toyota Corona rust bucket for about 9 months. In the time I had it, it got broken into FOUR TIMES, one of those to try to steal it (but I had it sitting on the lawn while I was trying to sell it, so had the battery disconnected... morons). Only car of mine anyone's ever tried to get into. I think I spent more on replacing windows than the car was worth!! :rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
When I was first looking for a Galant, my Lancer crapped itself and needed $1K spent on it to get it going again. That delayed my purchase a few months as I contemplated keeping my old car. After realising that I was only going to be continuing to pour money into a car I didn't really like, I bought the Galant car I was looking, 2 months later. Nice...

Ahh, if only the story ended so nicely. Went for a drive in my Lancer this morning, as the Galant is still about 2 weeks off, and everything went fine - in fact, it was driving very nicely. Go to move my car for my brother this afternoon and wow, there goes my clutch! Apparently either the master or slave cylinders are leaking. Fantastic...

At least I am comforted by the fact that even if I'd bought the Galant when it was first on offer it probably still wouldn't ready and I'd have these problems anyway. Sadly, though, if the Galant had gotten through compliance when it was originally supposed to, I'd be tearing around in it now, instead of waiting for another bill to come in. Bah...

Leigh

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Well you can add us to the cursed list.......... My missus has had her '95 MX6 for about 6 years now and we have NEVER had a prob with it. I service it every 5k did the belts at 100k, you know, a nicely looked after car.
As you may know we ordered our VR4 last w/end, so Saturday Jane was cruising along happily when she stopped at as set of lights she noticed steam coming out of the bonnet and the temp gauge nearly in the red. After getting the car home I found a seized thermostat had caused a massive pressure build up and blew the bottom tank of the rad appart.
So you can guess how my w/end was spent, lol

I also have a revenge story, about 9 years ago I was in the shed after just washing my car, which was still on the lawn. I heard this car come flying around the corner so looked up and headed down the driveway (as you do) just in time to see a beer bottle to land on the front seat of my car, via the windscreen. Don't know what f*cked me off more, that or the fact my 9mth old was on the front porch in his walker. Anyway, I guess instinct took over and I took off like a bat outta hell on foot after them.
I ran like hell for about 4 blocks when I saw them take a right. By then completely out of breath I resigned myself to the fact they were gone, but I would remember the Maroon EA sedan.
On my way home I hear a screach and BANG one block over, I take off again around the block and see 4 little shit 16yo's climbing out of a maroon EA that was parked not too neatly against a light pole. I ran up and punched my way past one and grabbed another by the shirt and gave him 2 good ones just as this HUGE guy covered in tats piled out of a HQ wagon and was coming at me. I thought "F*ck, its gotta be their dad". He grabbed the one I had off me and gave him 2 more.
Turns out he was the dad of 2 of them and it was his car, he just got home to find it missing and was out looking for them.
Cops turned up and after finding out what was what I went home and they went to jail, the old man fully charged them with theift.

I think thats called Karma LMAO :)

Cheers,
Jason

G

Unregistered
add me to the list!

after my legume got on a truck to WA today...

i usually finish work at 3:30 on fridays, but today i left at 2:30, as i had to drop into a customers workshop to measure up for their spray booth, as it was on the way home.
so i parked up on the grass out the front of their workshop, parallel to the road, did my thing inside, and then came out to find my front right light smashed, guard bent, bumper bar broken, etc.. looked like someone has clipped the front right corner or something.. no idea who/what/where/why.. left no note, no details or anything..

hopefully what comes around goes around!!

Attachments

• Image085.jpg
    Image085.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Image086.jpg
    Image086.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 13

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
OMG farking bastard w@nker PR1CKS!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: *seethes with rage*

Dude that is SOOOO not cool... I am SO getting knock sensors fitted to my alarm when I get my VR4... My Magna has had so many bullsh1t things like that happen to it, if anyone so much as SCRATCHES the new one they will end up in freaken HOSPITAL

That is SUCH a shitty thing to happen to you on your birthday :(

*storms downstairs to work off anger lifting very heavy things*

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
damn that does suck.

Its things like this that make me think about keeping my current car as a daily when i get my VR4.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
That really really f**ks me intensely. What means do Aussies have at their disposal to disuade people from touching things that don't belong to them?

Are you allowed to fire warning shots or anything like that or do you have to ask them real nice to please go away?

ps: it's nearly 0600 and I've been at work for 12 hours so I'm pretty lazy with grammar now.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Do any big trucks turn around near there ?

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Mitch,

Thats is not cool... we had it happen to us about 2 months ago, but we busted him as he went to drive off the sucker tried to play poor so i just give it to the insurance company to handle now who go shafted! he did!

Sorry to hear it mate.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Just to balance the ledger, I saw a lady in a Civic reverse into another car in a carpark and drive off today - reasonably big hit too, paint and panel damage to the car she hit. Probably thought she got away with it until I got her number plate and put it on a note under the other car's windscreen ;)

Top Bottom