The "importing a VR4" curse strikes again

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
So on the old forum there was a lot of talk about people who have purchase their Galant or Legnum in Japan, and in the few months of waiting for it to arrive/be complianced, bad things have happenned to their current cars.

Some examples include bogan bobs skyline being stolen and torched, engines blowing up, cars being defected etc.

Well heres my 2 to add:

Last saturday was driving home in the early evening from a lacrosse match, the roads were wet but it wasnt raining. Was on lower north east road at cambelltown (near the caltex, barb wire). Overtook a car in the left lane that was going a little slow, so moved into the right lane and was cruising at 60. Then up ahead i saw a festiva in the medium strip area waiting to join the road (had just done a right hand turn on to LNE rd). I had a bad feeling she was going to pull out, so I covered my foot on the brake, but didnt hit the brakes. She then decided she would go, forcing me to slam the brakes on (never slammed them that hard before, not even at a track day). The ABS kicked in and i had to swerve into the left lane to avoid her. She was coming out at a 45 degree angle, and i had to swerve at that too - there must have been a foot gap between us. I still dont know how i didnt hit her, but i know now ill never buy another car that doesnt have ABS.

And then on friday night, was parked on the road at my girlfriends house (they only have a single car driveway, and have short brick walls around their front lawn), so I have no option but to park on the road. Was leaving saturday morning when Karen noticed burnt newspaper near the back of my car. Turned out some punks decided it might be fun to stick newspaper up my exhaust, and set it on fire. It melted the paint on the rear bumper, but luckily that was the extent of the damage. Could have been a lot worse.

Bloody school holidays!

DSCF4008.jpg

DSCF4009.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
me too

Hi,

that sucks mate, what a pack of little w*nkers!!

My current car (95 Excel aka Shit Box) was one of the victims of the curse - the day after I bought the Legnum the gear box crapped out - had to spend $900 to fix it as it's our only car :(

cheers

Lee

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Being one of the cursed ones, I feel your pain Simon. There really is a case for kids not getting holidays, all they do is destroy other peoples property. Any chance you can claim on your insurance for this?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Probably not worth making a claim for that, its just annoying that you'll need to spend a couple hundred on the repair. Even more annoying that you are trying to sell it.

I cant beleive kids these days, wheres the respect and discipline? Its because you're not allowed to smack kids, its this new generation of kids that think they can run rampage and have no repsect for other people property :(

/rant

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
yeh not worth claiming on insurance, excesss is double what it will cost to repair.

Its definately bored teenagers with nothing better to do. Maybe they need to lower the legal age kids can get into pubs and clubs so at least they have something to do on a friday night rather than walk the suburbs destroying peoples stuff - peoples stuff that they work hard for.

Almost feels like going to work is pointless when your just paying to repair stuff.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
They are the ones you wish you could catch! Not to hurt but just to scare!

I will tell you a quick story that might make you a little more happy that someone actually got some payback on these types of people!

One night when I used to live with my parents, I was alseep after being out late with the boys. About 3:30am my dog starts growling, he used to sleep at the end of my bed on the floor. 55kg Rotty! I woke up and looked out my window. I could not see anything other than a red glow 5-8 mtrs down the street. There was someone with their foot on the brakes, becuase there was no head light! I thought that is strange.

My car was parked in the driveway (Mazda RX4 Coupe with personalised plates "IMFLYN"). I look at the back of my car, and I can see someone crouching down at the back of my car.

Now I know why the dog was pissed!

I have a wakizashi mounted on the wall above my bed (small katana sword) so I grabbed that and went down stairs in my boxers! The dog right beside me!

I open the front door quietly and tell the dog to wait. I creep up to the side of my car and take one step around the back of the car, and at the same time draw the sword and ask "What the fuck are you doing"?

At this stage the 20 yo with a socket ratchet and my number plate in his hand, drops the plate and tools and scrambles backwards on his hands and knees with the look of FEAR in his eyes, and an expression that said "I am farked" on his face.

He gets his feet and turns to run for the car, i call the dog, he comes barrelling out of the house, straight past me ( I was following the kid but in bare feet) and he already had 5 mtrs on me! His mate in the getaway car has slapped reverse and is taking off down the street with his mate trying to get on the bonnet! My rotty is almost on him, when he manages to get into the door, and they take off.

I was laughing and the dog was FILTHY! He was more upset than me!

So i got a good laugh.
The dog got some exercise and a HUGE breakfast.
And I scored a free socket ratchet with an 8mm socket!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
haha classic. Unfortunately my girlfriends house doesnt have a dog to keep me in the loop of whats goign on. My border collie X husky X blue heeler is normally on the ball though and has saved a few attempted thefts.

Got the bad news today after visiting a crash repairer - the rear bar needs to be replaced. Its looking like a $400-500 job now.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
are you sure? you couldn't maybe go to another place to get them to quote it up?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
That's what I was thinking it might add up too, hence I made the insurance call.

I've got a little story too, but I was nowhere near as nice, or forgiving. I'm not going to write it all out again, instead I've copied it from the forum I originally posted it on.
A quick warning though, I was NOT a happy boy as this was written only an hour or so after the incident. Nor was the story finished! The guy ended up forking out over 1k, just for repairs.

So as we can all see, school holidays have started in melbourne and f_ing little brats are out in force.

Today i decided it was so nice out, id wash and polish my lude. Then, since i had some more time i thought id do the same to my motorbike.
After all this exhersion a beer was in order so i sat down to have a frosty brew and check my emails. After about 20 mins, i heard an almights pop!-psssssss...pop!-psssssssssss....
eyes.gif

Couldnt be i thought to myself as i ran out my front door to see some little punk with like 4 mates pissbolt outa my driveway and down the road! Thninking on my feet i grabed the bar from my industrial jack and ran after em. The good bit was they didnt see me and i suprised this sh it out of them as they hid in someones garden! BANG! got one little shit but they all ran in all directions..

Ok... freaking insanly mad rite now... what to do what to do....5 kids, 5 directions. Fu ck it... i ran home, jacked up my car, threw a spare rim on and flew up the road after them at like a million miles an hour. (mind you i actualy changed the tyre in about 1 1/2 mins... seriously adrenalin is a mad mad thing to have on your side)

I jump on to high street thinking they cant be far and Bam.. there they all are sitting at the bus stop! what dickheads, they didnt even see me comming..
So i throw my car at them and screech to a halt in front of em with my jack arm in hand again screaming blue murder! Boy, did they all run again, litteraly falling over themselvs to get away from the beserk beard'd feak comming at them.

I saw the jerk who'd done the slashing and ran at him, but he jumpd a fence and bolted, his other mates all ran in other directions so i just jumped in my car again to try and run the little fu ck over or something. (this was all taking place at a bussy intersection with lots of traffic passing by too
msn_tongue.gif
)

I scream around the next corner and they are all gone! F U C K!!! F U C K!!!
Then across the intersection i see one of em, totaly shitiing himself.
RITE! bam, im over the intersection and got this little turd by the face. " WHERE THE F U C K IS THE LITTLE F U C K WHO F U C K E D WITH MY CAAAAR????"I SCREAM IN HIS FACE!!

Basicly at this point this poor kid starts totaly freaking out and babbeling about how he didnt do it and he told the other one not to. Not really caring i tell him if he dosnt get his mate to come back im gona kill him and by fu ck he knew i ment it. His litte shit friend finaly comes over after hearing the kid ive got crying his ass off on the phone about not wanting to die. >
msn_happy.gif

I wrap my hands around his neck and throw him against the brick wall spitting in his face how u DONT fu ck with a dudes car. He starts screaming like a little girl! actual full on terror screams. The i drop the little nut and he piss bolts! luckie ive still got his mate as hes to scared to move ( like actualy shaking)

...... sorry this is just going on and on i know, but im getting to the good part.

After all this screaming and carrying on, a neighbour comes out and kid who did the damage runs up to him pleading for help. The neighbour ask's me wtf? so i tell him about the tyres. He agrees that kid is a freak ( sweet!) but says why dont i just call his parents. **** that i say, lets just go and SEE his parents.

We get both kids in the cars and zoom over to num-nuts's house. (here comes the good bit)

His father (who is built like a brick shit house) storms out the front and the first thing he does is smash the little shit over the head like it was going outa fasion! BANG! He handnt ever hear wtf was going on yet! haha

After a lot of explaining and yelling he basicly apoligises for his sons stupid actions and offers to fix my car. Bo-ya.

He gives me like $300 cash and tells me to come back if there is any other damage, he also tells me that his son is going to get the total shit kicked out of him as he has brought shame on his entire family...

So, now im booked in to get my rims fixed and new rubber slaped on.

what a bloody long day...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
jeez, theres some crazy tales right here.

I remember stealing the odd road sign when younger, it caught up with me one night when a mate and i grabbed a road works sign, chucked it in the boot and took off, 5 mins down the road, im like wtf, somethings crawling across me..... turnd out there was a nest of spiders on the sign and they were all through the car!!! Im scared shitless of spiders, so i started stomping my feet cos they were on the floor and crushed a whole pile of cd cases that were there!!, stopped the car very quickly and fumigated it with insect spray we happened to have.....

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
are you sure? you couldn't maybe go to another place to get them to quote it up?

well the bar will most likely need to be replaced. This would be about $100 at the cheapest, plus $250 to paint it. But if i get brand new then it skyrockets. Oh and my insurance excess is $500 plus an age excess of $400.

Ive got a mate that works at the crash repairer I went to today, and he will take the bar home and try and repair it, thus saving me a packet. Still, its not gonna be cheap.

Im loving these stories of revenge, id love to get some.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I used to own an RX-2, and came out of a nightclub and went to the car (in a multi-level car park). As I came out of the lift, there were two guys in suits, sitting inside my car trying to flog the head unit.

Without really thinking, I ran up and said, "WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING IN MY CAR?" and they spun some bulls*t line about they'd accidentally got into the wrong car and jumped out and were all apologetic and stuff. Anyway, I got down to the bottom and abused the crap out of the attendant, because they advertise it as having good security, so he's on the phone to the police and they were literally there in under 30 seconds.

These two bright sparks weren't smart enough to clear out when they were busted by me, so the cops, having driven up the car park, returned with the two of them in handcuffs in the back seat about 5 minutes later, having caught them trying to flog a stereo out of a different car.

I gave them a smile and a big wave as they went past ;)

Harves

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rob
Drive
Formally a 1990 Mitsubishi Galant GSR until someone smashed it.
wow chef my first reaction would be knock their heads off. I follow the USA policy when vandalism is envolved - kill first ask questions later. lol

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I was reading this about a month ago having a laugh at these pikeys trying to claim there was this all powerful curse....

Well... My Nissan NX Coupe has craped a caliper and broken 2 clutch cables (In a month)... I actually haven't gone a week without something going wrong...

Soo... Oooooohhhhh spooky and stuff!!!!

G

Unregistered
Another revenge story:

I was in bed at about one am when I heard a sh!t-load of laughing out the front of my house... knowing the company van was on the lawn, I jumped up, put on some jeans and workboots and ran outside... these little shits had ripped the mirror off the drivers side and went up the road laughing... I just happened to have my mobile in my jeans, so there was a really quick call to the cops that I made sure they heard and the little bastards bolted. Cops arrived in less than a minute, asked me to get in the back and what direction these little fux ran in... 2 minutes later we had the little pricks bailed up. One little smart arse was sayin to the cops "do you know who my dad is?"... this set me off... I got out of the cop car (still in just jeans and workboots) and went over to the little prick... he near shit himself... and the cops did nothing, as I went up to him, stood in his face and told him "I don't give 2 fux who your old man is, and you wont when these cops leave and I finish you off". It just so happens that most of my upper-body is quite extensively tattooed. from my back to my wrists... I think he thought "OMFG, what have I done?"
Cops were still just standing there and about this time decided to grab 2 of the punks, call another car and scare them some more... They came back to my house, put on evidence-gloves and picked up the mirror whilst saying in a loud voice "This should have enough prints to prove willful damage, theft, failure to stop for police..." One of the little punks then confessed.
2 weeks later, after a court case, he came into my work with a written apology and the money it cost to replace the mirror.
Moral of the story: the van might look gay, but you never know who drives it:D

btw.... I was a driver for a jukebox and karaoke company and the van was a bright pink 2003 Transit... rego: APARTY:cool:

G

Unregistered
Well done Mike, you handled it allot better than I would have :p
probably lucky I wasn't wide awake;) (and it was a work vehicle and not my own... at the time I owned a ducati... they wouldn't have found the bodies)

Top Bottom