The Intercooler Thread

G

Unregistered
I believe the GReddy kits are upwards of AUD$1500, bit of a step up comapred to $300.

That's right... Besides, they are quite small for my needs and I've got completly different piping right now... throttle body is on the left side. So "custom" is not that hard and will give you same upgrade for 1/3 of the Greddy/ARC price! ;)

G

Unregistered
Anyone know any prices on replacing the stock cooler hoses from that crap wooven stuff ? In silicon or stainless ?
Perhaps we could do a group buy if we get enough interest ?

G

Unregistered
There is a guy in Vic that was looking at doing a Kit for radiator and cooler hoses, Ivan From X3E motorsports, i don't think he has done any yet though

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I got a reply from Greg at www.gktech.com.au he can do the 600 x 230 x 76 bar and plate intercooler (with 2.5" pipes) for $200 plus freight. He also said he can work on the price if I order more than 1. If anybody is interested let me know and I will organise something.

Check out his website for pictures and freight details. I am not sure on the quality, but it looks to be the same as the other cheaper options. There are a lot of people on calaisturbo.com that have them and seem happy.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I may be interested, not really after one but i reckon it would make the front of my car look much nicer...

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Bryan, what size is the opening in your front bar ?

This is the look I am chasing ....

2006_1202december-2006-290093.jpg

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Just had a quick measure and it is 700mm opening between the marks on this pic..

Attachments

• LEGNUM_002 (Small)edit.JPG
    LEGNUM_002 (Small)edit.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 529

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The stock facelift VR-4 one is about 750mm wide.

Ryans car above there has a Greddy 600x230/250x76mm intercooler. I'm not sure on the height but it is either 230 or 250mm.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Is the 600 wide the core size only, not includung the end tanks ?

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Got another reply on the size - the gktech 600 x 230 x 76 intercooler is 895mm overall, will this be OK NZ guys ?

:D

G

Unregistered
as brad has said, that will be fine,

anything upto 260 high, will fit under the impact beam,

no thicker than 76 thick, so it sits behind the factory bumper without cutting,

and with a core width of 600, so its not to wide.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
my 100mm deep intercooler does fit, but it does push the sides of the plastic up a bit on the bumper.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I got a reply from Greg at www.gktech.com.au he can do the 600 x 230 x 76 bar and plate intercooler (with 2.5" pipes) for $200 plus freight.
Mark is there any chance that he'd be interested in making up stainless pipes for them? If someone near there could show him / give him their set of stock pipes he should be able to knock them up fairly easily... If such a kit proves its performance he'll end up with quite a few of us as customers no doubt ;)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
I like your thinking Trevor. The only trouble is that it is about 900km from my place.

Maybe one of the Victorian guys that is close to Hoppers Crossing can check it out ?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
As you've been in contact with him already, do you want to send him an email to see if he's even interested in doing something like that? If he says yes, then we can go from there and maybe organise a Victorian to head out to see him ;)

Top Bottom