The new FPV GT

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Along the bottom of the door would work. I like the diagonal bit coming down from the bonnet (it suits the style of car - ie middle aged rich bogan car) but going up the middle of the door looks strange.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Along the bottom of the door would work. I like the diagonal bit coming down from the bonnet (it suits the style of car - ie middle aged rich bogan car) but going up the middle of the door looks strange.

So this is the title I shall have bestowed upon me?

Fantastic! time to grow that mullet :D

d_jarrett91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Damon Jarrett
Drive
1998 VR4 Super Legnum
These are awesome cars and they pull pretty hard my mate has one and i am very impressed with it. But for $80,000 i would rather buy a GTR or an evo but thats just a personal preference

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
These are awesome cars and they pull pretty hard my mate has one and i am very impressed with it. But for $80,000 i would rather buy a GTR or an evo but thats just a personal preference

I can understand why people love these but in going to have to be a tool too..., 80k for me = 45k on bayside blue 34 gtr and the rest on mods...oh dear what a car I would have then.....dreaming....

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Yeah I would rather spend 80k on an Audi... I struggle to see any sense paying more than 20k for any Holden or Ford, especially with that much power only going to 2 wheels!

G

Unregistered
Plus the build quality wouldnt exactly be perfect...

If I was spending more than 25-30k on a car, I'd be going euro all the way.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
you people all are missing one key factor - tax benefits. Novated lease on new cars gives good tax breaks to a number of people. Yes there are other options than the GT, but AU cars have their place. I will be getting an FG XR6-T next, as I need the room for my family, and 280rwkw for the measly sum of $1100 on top of purchase price, well thats just too good to resist.

And before anyone comes up with "but a wagon/Legnum can fit the family" - you are wrong. Not when you're 6'4", there is no room behind my seat :p

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Too small and won't have 280rwkw for $1100 on top of 30k purchase price
Alright if you want small car, but if you can find me a two year old 7 series with 280rwkw for 31k let me know

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I love the BA and FG XR6-T's. Only been in one once but it went very hard and didn't feel too big and heavy either.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Don't get me wrong they're the best aus built car since forever. My opinion is that your not getting enough car for your money, new or not, negated lease with tax benefits or not. Just my opinion :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I would take a hsv r8 over the fords or any euro in the same price bracket. It doesn't match the fords for power anymore but the handling is much better and it isn't hard to get more power. And I wouldn't have a GTS cause they look horrid.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Yeh on that price bracket there's no argument for me. Even if I had a family and a 34 gtr wasn't possible... Manual chaser with 2j huge single. I'm so jap/ euro biased loll.
Eg. At my tafe we have a brand new 2011 senator.
To put it lightly, my mums turbo diesel Mazda cx7 shits on the senator for build quality.
The leather in the senator may as well be throw overs vs the leather in the cx7, cx7 also is fully optioned with seat warmers etc... And all for mid 40k vs the horrendous price of the senator.....

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I was in a statesman for a wedding about 1yr ago... The car was new and I was appalled. The little plastic strips on the vent just above and behind the front wheel arch felt like it would fall off any second and were loose. The leather felt like your wallet would poke a hole in it if it was in you back pocket and nothing felt tight or like it was built from quality materials. No way would I pay big money for ANY aussie built car.
Like a couple people have mentioned I am a jap/euro fan, I just think you get so much more for your dollar.

d_jarrett91

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Damon Jarrett
Drive
1998 VR4 Super Legnum
Even though I wouldn't spend that kind of money on this type of car I will admit the new gt is a very smoothe car they still handle pretty good i reckon oneday I'll buy One. I already have a BA xr8 and Its a very comfy car I'm only selling it because I wanted something with a bit more fun and something cheaper so I can get a house but my point is they are a lovely car they are just designed for a different purpose to the Japanese market :).

I think the intake setup looks very sexy though I just would have thought they would come with a k&n or something ha.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Have fun replacing the rear diff bushes on a BA and later Falcon! :D

Top Bottom