The new Sti Impreza

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah I don't mind it but it looks like a Mazda 3 crossed with a Ford Focus... Interior looks good as well...

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Looks a lot more exciting compared to the new standard WRX. :)
How bland is that one?!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
The sedan is terrible, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that one.

I love this STi, imagine having to decide between this and the Evo 10 if you were in the market for one at the moment :D

G

Unregistered
Yeah I don't mind it but it looks like a Mazda 3 crossed with a Ford Focus... Interior looks good as well...

who's idea was it to put a EJ25T in a mazda 3?

i dont really like it. :/

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What I really want is the new ve commodore wagon with the adventra 4wd system, 6.0l v8, 6 speed manual and a pair of turbos!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
The sedan is terrible, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that one.

I love this STi, imagine having to decide between this and the Evo 10 if you were in the market for one at the moment :D
You're kidding right?! The Evo X is one of the best performing, sexiest looking (non-exotic) cars EVER! The STi is... a bit wrong LOL. From the back it looks like an ugly BMW, from the front a Focus/Mazda hybrid... And then there's the inter-heater... Subaru seem to get 80% of the way there and then screw the last 20% up. Mitsubishi are going from strength to strength lately. And to he honest it doesn't worry me that the market perception isn't one of high quality, because I KNOW Mitsi can make great cars... the perception keeps the price fairly low :)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Nah, I really would have a hard choice between the two (not that I am in the posistion to make the choice :)) I drive a new Subaru Outback everday and I reckon the subies are pretty good.

The Evo X looks good from the front, but I am not sold on the back. The STi looks like a WRC ready weapon.

I would like to drive both for a comparison :D as looks aren't everything.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum

x with a lexus SUV aswell......the front looks great, im not to keen on the arse. ove the interior tho.

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Still needs a sedan like the originals, now that would look hot. Only wagons is like selling a car but not providing wheels, its just stupid esp. when the majority of subaru owners want a sedan and not wagons. Wagon would have added weight and less practical for a sports car.

Still has the typical clutered, messy engine bay, one thing Subaru should have focudsed on, its been the case with all their wrx's, little room and to big an engine for the space. rather they should build around there engine and drivetrain.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Acutually the hatchback is a more aerodynamic and rigid frame, which is why its used in their actual rally cars. :) Personally I think a hatch makes more sense than a sedan, for many reasons. The only reason it doesn't is aesthetics, because lots of people just WANT sedans. Also one of the big reasons previous WRX's didn't sell many hatchbacks was because they cost $8k MORE than the sedan version... :(

Anyone with the current model sedan is laughing though, 'cause they went UP in value $10k once Subaru announced the next series as hatch only ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I can't see why anyone would want a sedan over a station wagon or hatch. They are almost always the same length and have similar handling characteristics, weight, and levels of NVH. The only difference is that you can carry a whole lot more in a wagon/hatch.I remember when the mitsi guys thought the EVO X wagon was going to be about 1 second behind the sedan because of the extra weight around a track, but they found that the extra weight made it closer to 50/50 weight balance, and it was only either 0.3 or 0.5s slower around the track (I can't remember the exact figure now)

G

Unregistered
worlds quickest rex (over the 1/4 mile) is a hatch too i believe.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
LOL you'd think you're trippin out if you saw that on the road :p

This new impreza looks a bit like the toyota caldina, which is not a good thing IMO :p

Top Bottom