Thinking about getting a Legnum VR4

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about getting a Legnum VR4 for a while now, but don't know a whole lot about the practical aspects of import ownership.

I am guessing that most of the people here would give me positive reviews of the car itself... I was just wondering what sort of things I should be wary of.

My biggest concern is maintenance and spare parts... I've been taking my Astina to the same mechanic for years and he really knows me and my car well... but I fear I will have to start all over if I get an import.

I'm aware of the usual pros and cons of doing the import myself vs. hiring an agent vs. buying from a dealer... but even so, any advice would be welcome :)

Cheers
Derek

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
First off, welcome to the site Derek, seeing as you in vic you should come down to a carwash meet (tomorrow?) and say hi.

My biggest concern is maintenance and spare parts... I've been taking my Astina to the same mechanic for years and he really knows me and my car well... but I fear I will have to start all over if I get an import.

All spares come from O.S no mater what car you drive, other than the local models so there is no real problem. If though, this is a concern, why exactly are you even looking at an import? It's going to be hard/difficult/expensive/time consuming/painful etc etc...

Think long and hard before you spend your hard earned cash on a car that isnt as easy as a Holden commonwhore.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
First off, welcome to the site Derek, seeing as you in vic you should come down to a carwash meet (tomorrow?) and say hi.

All spares come from O.S no mater what car you drive, other than the local models so there is no real problem. If though, this is a concern, why exactly are you even looking at an import? It's going to be hard/difficult/expensive/time consuming/painful etc etc...

Think long and hard before you spend your hard earned cash on a car that isnt as easy as a Holden commonwhore.

I'd love to come have a look at the cars (seen one up close but only passing by), but I have to work tomorrow :(

As far as parts and maintenance, I'm not averse to spending more time and money to service the car than I normally do... it's just a question of how MUCH more. I can't really go without my car for a week because some obscure, expensive part can't be sourced. Granted, this *could* happen with any car, even my current one. It's a question of how likely such a scenario is. I know Mitsubishi over the past decade has been in a bit of strife on a global scale... but this doesn't really deter me from wanting a Legnum...

I guess what I want to know is: how reliable and serviceable have people here found their cars to be? Are there places you can go to source parts when necessary?

Cheers
Derek

G

Unregistered
As for parts, the the parts list on here is always growing so we know what part numbers we may need, NZ is a great to get cheap parts and depending on what it is postage is usally good.

Also sometimes it easier to get aftermarket performace parts which are better than OEM parts.

For the practical side the only thing thats not good is the turning circle so I stay away from shooping center car parks. But then you can always do a 3 point turn if people behind you leave room and your in a tight spot.

Top Bottom