Throw away mags :-/ Too many repairs perhaps.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'm getting the front end suspension bits changed. On the hoist they pointed out all 4 corners are bald as #$%^ which sucks... but probably is a product of how I drive it.

Also one of the spokes of my rims is cracked through. Enkei GN+ 18x8 maybe?

Anyhow, I called a repair place and they said I would be a little crazy to reapir again.. as they have bee done once (to my knowledge) and who knows what happened in Japan...

Your thoughts?

I rarely see wheels on a leggy I like more than mine :-/

Maybe I should just try and find some cheap 2nd hand ones :_(

If I can get out this for under $2k I'll be pretty happy.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Sad times!
When I wanted to get a crack fixed on one wheel off my old Honda, the guy told me that he could tell it had had a crack fixed up at least once before and that he wouldn't repair it. He said some other places might do it but he didn't want to touch it. From this I would guess that if you drive hard it may be worth trying to find a new set :( unless you could find a pair only (or even one single rim) to replace the one damaged.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
When I had them previously repaired they where all rolled for buckle... if they did what I asked. I havn't seen the spoke crack before.

I'm going to see if I can find somethign similar for a decent price then sell mine on ebay or something so it's someone elses problem.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Yeah could be hard to sell a set of three haha. Good luck man but if I were you I'd make sure the new buyer knows they have been repaired. May not get as much cash but I'm sure there's someone who would love to have 'em!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
why not buy a new wheel? look on the back of the spokes for the size

5zigen GN are pretty cheap

edit:

yours would be 18x8.5 +38, they are discontinued, but you might be able to track down a single, maybe a pair

streettotrack.com, email Paul there, he might be able to track them down

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
why not buy a new wheel? look on the back of the spokes for the size

5zigen GN are pretty cheap

This. They're good looking wheels. If you replace them with Lensos I'd estimate a gap of about 5 minutes between opening the boxes and necking yourself.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'll have a look for a replacement I guess. Might be able to find a pair and dump the cracked one and which ever else is most buckled.

Sound plan.... new suspension and I want to drive my car >:|

Also discontinued?! The bastard :/ Plus massive thanks for the help!

Is the GN+ differnet to the GN? There are plenty of the GN+ around....

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
Evo 8 or 9 wheels are pretty cheap on the Evo forums, I got mine for $500. Right Size and decent offset.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
shipping is about 31,000Y, so roughly $400

making the total about 1200ish (including commission, bank fees etc)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Go buy Lee's R33 GTR wheels and get them powdercoated

Promptly win at life.....

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I wish I could see what the R33 rims looked like on a leggy.

Steve's TE37's are the same fitment as my current rims.. but a little more expensive.

Having extra rubber on the ground would be pretty cool with the GTR wheels.... and I might be able to score rubber too.

I called another repair place who wouldn't touch a cracked spoke, so it looks like I need to buy :-!

I'd sell my current rims as they are and point out they had been repaired once. I wouldn't expect anyone on here to buy them.

Opinions? Stat!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
problem solvered!! Trigger legnum with R33 GTR Rims :

Camera671-1.jpg

ok they were just sitting in front of current wheels but you get the idea... Tough fitment to boot :)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Dont forget with Nissan wheels they need to be bored out to fit a Mitsubishi hub.

At least my rims will bolt on with no mods needed. And you will never crack a forged steel rim :p

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Dont forget with Nissan wheels they need to be bored out to fit a Mitsubishi hub.

At least my rims will bolt on with no mods needed. And you will never crack a forged steel rim :p

forged steel hey.... that would be DAMN heavy, unlike forged alloy 33GTR wheels :p

Top Bottom