Thule roof racks for legnum

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Hey looking for some thule roof racks for my legnum but cant find a listing or part number for a legnum...does anyone know if you can use a magna rack set or whats the go??thanks guys

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Pajero, speak to roofrack world in artarmon

Kenny101

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kenny
Drive
98 PFL Legnum
Hey mate if your type Thule into the search bar, there's a thread already about what is compatible. I can confirm that it all works

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
FYI the correct roof rack mount (mounting legs only, no bars) from Rhino Rack is product code SX001. Just bought a set for my FL Legnum today.

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/roof-rack-parts/legs/vortex-sx-leg_sx001

If you want the whole kit (legs and bars), the code is JA1932:

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/roof-racks/vortex/vortex-sx-black-2-bar-roof-rack_ja1932

The older style Rhino Rack "Aero" bars won't fit the SX001 legs, as the bottom channel that the legs fit into is too narrow. You need the new Vortex bars. The code for just the bars (in black) is VA118B:

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/roof-rack-parts/bars/vortex-bar-black-1180mm-_va118b

Also, the NEW new bars include a locking end cap. I bought two bars and one set was slightly older without locking caps, and the other one had the locking caps. Same product code, just different build dates. Check the boxes when purchasing.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Ready for summer! Could possibly trim these down a bit but keeping them wide means I can fit my luggage pod and the bike carrier at the same time.

IMG_20141207_155431.jpg
IMG_20141207_155448.jpg
IMG_20141207_155501.jpg

These newer model Vortex bars make bugger all wind noise too! Did a 110km/h run and couldn't hear a thing. Would be different once the bike is mounted to it of course, but I couldn't be happier.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
thats good man, the yakima one is about the same price but i think it is more suited to square/round cross bars

do you keep your cross bars on most the time?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
thats good man, the yakima one is about the same price but i think it is more suited to square/round cross bars

do you keep your cross bars on most the time?
Mate I keep the bike carrier on all the time. So yeah, none of it ever comes off.

Top Bottom