Timing belt snapped. ...bent valves?

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Quick question if a timing belt snaps in legnum whats the odds of the valves bending? Ive asked 2 people already and they both said that valves on mitsubishis usually will bend

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Yeah pretty sure they will hit valves . But depending on conditions when it snapped u may be lucky, but I wouldn't get ur hopes up.

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Yeah thats what my mate said 95% of the time the valves will bend on a mitsubishi. ...so in other words buy a new motor cheaper then doing the heads and timing belt

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Yeah, although I remember reading a post from one lucky bastard on here that was able to just replace the belt and no damage was done

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
I have a second Hand 1 that came off my car so u don't have to fork out for a new 1 to check if u want it.

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Well ill know for sure on monday if the belt is snapped if it is im ganna need the heads checked to make sure the valves are ok, the thing is I bought a car from from a member and haven't paid the remainder yet and he has notified me that the car no longer starts, he is ganna look into it on monday

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Also would anyone know what it would cost for a 100k service + Labour I figure around almost 1k after seeing what the full timing kit is worth on this forum

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Just checked the classified forum 850 for a complete kit god daaaam

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
U can get it cheaper. I payed 400 aus in NZ from repco. For the 800 u can flay in person get the parts and bring them bac. Lol

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
400 aint that bad then labour bout 4hours?

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Hay trotty this might be a little sudden but can I have your number......(no homo) :p

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Dream on for 4 hours.... 800 gets you a complete genuine set with everything.... It's not a bad price, labour is usually around 700-900 ish. So 1500 to 1700 all up depending where you go etc for a genuine everything set.

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Well that sucks, steve what do you think about this topic? Do you the valves will be bent? The car has been sitting since may the guy started it up and the it died and it wont start agin so uts like car was driving it happened on start up

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Well that sucks, steve what do you think about this topic? Do you the valves will be bent? The car has been sitting since may the guy started it up and the it died and it wont start agin so its not like car was driving it happened on start up

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Well ill know for sure on monday if the belt is snapped if it is im ganna need the heads checked to make sure the valves are ok, the thing is I bought a car from from a member and haven't paid the remainder yet and he has notified me that the car no longer starts, he is ganna look into it on monday

warning signs don't come much clearer / louder, time to walk away?

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Noon I read it and I pray we are as lucky as that, trotty offered a 2nd hand belt to test it, like I told you I always expect the best never the worst.....stupid optimistic I am

Top Bottom