Timing marks

mickkcim

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mick
Drive
Legnum
Hey guys, I screwed up and undone some bolts... lol
People who know more then me tell me i need to know where the timing marks should be aligned.. pictures would help..
Thanks heaps, Mick

G

Unregistered
Timing marks are on the pulleys, block and heads. Once you get the covers off they are easily spotted. If you download the manual from the site you'll find the pics you need. If you are a fully Premium Member on CVR4 there is a guide there as well

mickkcim

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mick
Drive
Legnum
Okay thanks.. i was taking my alternator out and undone some tensioner underneath the alt bracket. .

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Mick did you take the timing belt covers off? And you released the cam belt tensioner? To be honest, as long as the belt didn't jump teeth on any of the sprockets (which it shouldn't have) you should be ok - just do everything back up (although you'll need to put the tensioner in a vice to recompress it and stick a pin in it to hold it open until you get it reinstalled).

However if the belt came off any of the sprockets, you'll need to re-align everything (the right (rear bank) cam sprocket is under tension and has a habit of turning on its own if it gets free) - as Pete said, use the guide on CVR4 for best results.

Top Bottom