Tiptronic good for trackdays or not

Grid

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomasz
Drive
Legnum 6A13TT, Galant 6A13
Has anybody been happy with the autobox during trackdays? Since getting the Legnum last year I went to several, and each time it feels like the Tiptronic is sapping the lifeforce out of the engine.

Pressing the accelerator when exiting a corner feels like punching jelly. Whether I am in D, or Tip mode, it's more or less the same - in D mode it's 0.5s of pondering the meaning of life and which gear to go to, and when I am in 2nd gear in Tip mode the car just doesn't pull in the 50-80kph range, spoolup is not happening.

Would a TCU reflash make a difference in the reaction time of the autobox? As for the lack of spoolup in 2nd I have a feeling it might be an issue with my fuel maps, which are completely not stock.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Firstly, I would never leave it in D for a track, computer has no idea if you are coming up to a hard corner or what and will always be slow to react, and unlikely to suit whatever you do next.

Now, the manual purists will be here shortly to tell you autos are complete shit, although they will have a point, for a circuit track manuals definitely have advantages.
2nd gear 50-80kph should be punchy at least, not as much as a manual would be, but it does seem like it could be a tune issue.

Anyway, the exiting the corner thing, does your model have ASC? I know that can make the car feel shit since it cuts power to hold traction.
I would pull out the ABS fuse for a track day if you don't already, that will disable all assists (except AYC), including TCL, ABS and ASC if you have it. - You will get dash lights for them though.

Top Bottom