Tiptronic transmission - changing the shifter direction

G

Unregistered
has anyone got the wiring diagram for the VR4, moreso the automatic transmission?

i dont like the idea with the tiptronic of forward for up gears, backwards for down gears.. so i want to see if i can switch it around.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
you don't even need that. There are two wires coming from the shifter on the tiptronic side and all you need to do is swap them across

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Ahhh nice! I've been pondering this short falling myself, Do a write up when you do the swap Mitch.

G

Unregistered
Why is it better the other way? Is it becuase most other cars are the other way round.

G

Unregistered
you don't even need that. There are two wires coming from the shifter on the tiptronic side and all you need to do is swap them across

cheers brad.
i thought that would be the case, but its better to be safe than sorry!

and yeah, with manuals, and moreso sequential boxes, you usually pull back to go up a gear, and vice versa.. some tiptronic boxes are the same, but 90% of them are backwards.

steve - is there any markings around the shifter for up and down? are they interchangable? i just dont want someone to drive my car (not that id let many people anyway :p), and for some reason go to shift up and go down, etc..

G

Unregistered
I love having it forward to go up, its like ur pushing the car harder ... Then pulling it back to slow.
Yes there is a Plus and Minus above and below, don't know it u can change them or not ?!?!

G

Unregistered
lol paul...

i'll use a black texta then. :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
you can use a knife blade to lift the corner of the sticker out to swap them around.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Well Trev, Mitchy did direct his question at me regarding the ability to remove the + and - symbols and switch them around so I thought I should be polite and answer.

That and I'm a bit of a post whore.

But I'm ok with it so ner! :p

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Pulling towards you for a gear change seems natural considering it's the classic shunt between first and second gears (never mind 2nd-3rd and then 4th-5th forward movements!).

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I don't mind down for down a gear and up for up a gear, seems natural to me...

The problem I had when I first tried it, I was coming from a manual. I still had the reflex with my left leg but alas there's no clutch... Just a brake...

Good way to test the abs though... Browned my pants too...

G

Unregistered
haha

new thread "my car loses heaps of speed when i change gear?!?"

Top Bottom