To colour code or NOT colour code a Super VR-4

Should BuzzPuppy colour-code the Super VR-4

• Absolutely! It'll neaten it up and go well with the included SSR 17" rims.

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • What are you thinking BuzzPuppy? It's a "Super VR-4" thing to have a black kit.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Not too sure, I'll give you my reasons in the post below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Unregistered
haha, it wasnt actually!

i'm about to now though. :p

ps. your car doesnt have SSR's. :p

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
lol. you Super VR4 guys are special, maybe you should call them Special VR4's instead ;)

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
ok.. it was me... I think that the different colours are part of the supers charm... to colour code it the same would be trying to hide the fact it is a super... just my opinion.

Someone has to be different

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
For updates on this car, have a look in my sig or the "Members' Rides" section HERE!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
As I've said, I'm a HUGE fan of Gav's colour coding. But here's one reason why you might prefer not to:

S6300936.jpg

I gotta say, the black on white look is HOT!

G

Unregistered
As I've said, I'm a HUGE fan of Gav's colour coding. But here's one reason why you might prefer not to:

S6300936.jpg

I gotta say, the black on white look is HOT!

Thats my car :). and why thank you for the comments.

My opinion is if its the palma red super then leave them black. but I must admit with the Silver supers it does look better with them colour coded.

I find the contrast of the black really makes the white on mine jump out. and the carbon bonnet only helps matters.

Although ive sold the bonnet now and the car will be going soon :(

At least I still have the 2.5 STR Uk equivalent in the background to enjoy. (Although its the wifes really)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea Don, it looks (looked :() fantastic - didn't want to derail your thread though.

So why ARE you selling it???

G

Unregistered
Yea Don, it looks (looked :() fantastic - didn't want to derail your thread though.

So why ARE you selling it???

Easiest way to get cash reasonable quickly. As the place i usually borrow from has been in the news in the UK a bit recently....:p

So extra borrowing is not an option also i have a cheap 1990 volkswagen to get to work and back in so its just sitting on the drive.

G

Unregistered
i think i'll have to colour code mine, as i'll need flares for my new rims, and i dont think black flares would look that good.

G

Unregistered
i think i'll have to colour code mine, as i'll need flares for my new rims, and i dont think black flares would look that good.

I KNEW i'd seen a pic of a super with the flares fitted. Super bits are black and flares are body colour. I think it looks really good. And I think it would work on all colours. Thats certainly what I was going to do when I was going to fit my flares.

galant125.jpg

G

Unregistered
actually that looks alright....
we shall see, i'll be getting the bump strips on the doors colour coded at a minimum.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Damn, I love that car :) though I never noticed that it had flares on it.

p11100315bb1.jpg

G

Unregistered
i want those headlights... although i dont have 2k spare, so i'll stick to my colour coded ones!

that is one hot car though, similar to how i want mine.. flares, nice rims, however a silver vented bonnet over the CF one. ganador? mirrors look the goods too.

G

Unregistered
i'd like to know how much clearance that car has.
cause mine has 100mm and the guard is about 25mm above the tyre

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
AncientOfMu's "Panda JGTC" look is one I've always been a fan of (on certain cars though) and I've always wondered how one would look. Thank You :)

Well, nothing like a bit of variety and the red/black does suit. For some reason, silver-black just doesn't seem to gel as a colour scheme and it did looked (to me) unfinished. I'm not too sure about the flares, preferring the relatively cleaner lines of the chassis. The only "body mod" I'd do is to source an FL bonnet. Colour-coded EVO-style bonnet I'm still in two minds about. I'd get it for function over form (larger FMIC, mods, etc). Sure on a Galant, it'd suit it a treat :D

G

Unregistered
i originally wanted the 'sleeper' wagon look when i was after a legnum..
but after buying a super, and with the rims i want, i think its more an 'angry' wagon i'll end up with :p

G

Unregistered
I was going for the White super look. But a carbon bonnet came up that was cheap enough for me not to say no.

Now when I get my next VR (Which will happen, once i have my finances sorted) I'm thinking about going for a facelift Pyrenees black legnum with colour coded fibreglass evo bonnet. But the next one will be built for handling and performance, boost controller, after market ecu, fuelling etc.

Ive kinda done the 'HEY! look at MY car' thing. Time to try the sleeper look :).

*I was writing this as mitchy was writing his post i didnt copy him :p*

Top Bottom