To colour code or NOT colour code a Super VR-4

Should BuzzPuppy colour-code the Super VR-4

• Absolutely! It'll neaten it up and go well with the included SSR 17" rims.

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • What are you thinking BuzzPuppy? It's a "Super VR-4" thing to have a black kit.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Not too sure, I'll give you my reasons in the post below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, I'd thought I'd turn to people here to ask some advice re: colour coding.

As you may or may not know, I'm in the process of organising to buy Drifter-X's other car, the Super VR-4 (as seen starring on IronChef's site). It's to do with the body kit... I'm looking to get it colour-coded but should it be left black as a "Super VR-4 characteristic" thing? I'm thinking "yes" for consistency and make it look semi-euro with the silver all over for the consistent look. And besides, having colour-coded headlights standard with it... well why not?

dscf2097.jpg

G

Unregistered
Keep in mind here that the colour coding (if wanted) comes free with the purchase of the car! (My Dad is a panel beater).

My vote is to colour code it. Once saw a Super VR4 on trademe which had been painted and it integrated the front bar much more subtly into the body.

galant90.jpg

G

Unregistered
colour code, IMO the black kit makes them look unfinished.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
That's right Scott, I hadn't forgotten. I did see that red Super VR-4 offered for sale in NZ with the colour code and the darkened rims. It did look very schmick :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
i-DSC01377.jpg

galant108.jpg

^ this should help your decision :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Ah yes, "VR FOE" from CubVR4... I do like the lower lip being left black for a bit of contrast though. MUST... RESIST... EVO... BONNET...

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Resist? I think not dude, get the bonnet and colour code that kit. Then you'll have one of the sickest looking legnum's in Victoria.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Isn't there an issue with water getting on and rusting engine components with the EVO & other vented bonnets?

G

Unregistered
Colour code for sure

What's the deal with the dog on the bonnet of the car?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
re: EVO bonnet... yes, I've seen the photos where some of the mild steel piping shows slight signs of corrosion underneath the vents. I COULD replace the lot with stainless steel or anodise the bejesus out of everything.

Then again *ahem* back to sanity. I need the car first! Keep the opinions rolling peoples, it's greatly appreciated (and thanks for helping "the new guy" out).

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
What's the deal with the dog on the bonnet of the car?

It's a Speed Dog, one of NZ's best kept secrets for getting insane power out of your VR-4.

:D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I did quite like the look of that car with the bumper on painted like that.

imho the kit definitely needs to be painted, it looks a lot better with it all painted, and makes the body kit look integrated, while if it is black it looks stuck on and a bit rough

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Actually, I was wondering if someone can dig up the "Top Gear" segment where they compared the difference between Speed-Dogs vs Speed-Holes. Remember when Hammo took a car out that had Speed-Holes dug into the bonnet by the Speed-Dog? It got an increase in boost AND cornered like it was on rails!!! :D

[yes it's Friday and I've been at work for too long]

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
That ain't no dog. It's a fluffy rat type animal. It would work well as a speed hump.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It has been decided by the members of this illustrious forum... we paint! :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Someone doesn't want me to colour-code? Hmm, must be Mitchy and his black rims ;)

Top Bottom