Too many keys!

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Ever wondered why you shouldn't have to many keys on your key ring?
DSC_0084~2.jpg

Was turning into my street in the jeep, car suddenly turns off mid intersection and the steering locks.
As I not so gracefully bounce up the foot path I pull the keys out to find this. The galant key had got wedged in one of the screw holes in the back of the Jeeps steering wheel, stopping all steering and pulling on the jeep key enough to turn the car off.
The world's biggest dumbass award goes to me this morning haha.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Lucky you didn't hit anything (or anyone). I once had a Mazda 626 with a dead head / cylinder. I could drive it as long as the revs were high. I turned the last corner home, engine conked out and I lost power steering almost hit an oncoming car!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
My car key rings are all seperate for that reason. Unfortunately it means I have 4 sets of keys....

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Nothing two slabs of wood and a mallet can't fix... she'll be right mate :D

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Time to install remote/push button start. Haha.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Nothing two slabs of wood and a mallet can't fix... she'll be right mate :D
I thought about pliers and a vice, definitely would have ended in tears.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Get a new key straight away! Even if you bend that back, you've fatigued the metal. The last thing you want happening is the end breaking off inside the ignition barrel.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
Dw I have 2 spares, was just joking about the repair. It had to happen on the key with the keyless entry fob though didn't it grrr.

Top Bottom