6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Its not hard to make just people who would make it manually would charge a few hours of labour, and although a CNC machine would do it faster the machine time is more expensive.
Surely someone knows someone who has acess to a drill press and a mill.
just need to to-scale print out the footprint of the plate and mark it on the alloy. then drill the headbolt holes with a drill press and then mill out the cylinder holes. it doesnt need to be perfect. as long as is in the ballpark it will do the job.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
I am happy to do the work, its just a matter of being allowed machine time.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
To confirm (simply) is this particular plate setup for achieving/maintaining "factory" like specs or accomodating oversized pistons etc?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
It's to maintain perfect cylinder "roundness" when heads are torqued down for best ring seal. Any1
Correct me
If I'm wrong? As when the heads are bolted down the cylinders can warp and go out of round.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Yeah got that bit but that applies (is desirable) regardless of the selected bore diameter does it not?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Cool so I'm assuming standard bore diameter in the context of this plate...

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Yep true, I guess I could have asked my question a different way.

I.e. what pistons are being used with the build that this plate was initially conceived for.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Yep true, I guess I could have asked my question a different way.

I.e. what pistons are being used with the build that this plate was initially conceived for.

Bores in torque plate can be made significantly oversize if needs be. The bores in the plate don't do anything besides let the hone through. It is used just to simulate the head being bolted down. So you could theoretically machine your block as oversize as you could go.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Yep already clear on that... will find the corresponding build thread and enquire further there about piston choice etc, cheers.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
this plate has 83mm bore holes so it can be used with up to 2mm O/S pistons. but it can be used with STD 81mm bores as in the pics above

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Adam, hopefully making this before Xmas. As it will be a multi use part, would it be advisable to press some steel bushes into the bolt holes to prevent bruising by continual use? Or will that affect the torque it applies?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I wouldn't bother. none of the plates I've seen have inserts, just make sure you use the washers with the ARP studs as thats enough to spread the load
its not like its going to be on and off blocks every day. just every now and then

Top Bottom