Legnum
Touch Screen Options and FitPC build

History of Build
Stuff I have:
BU-353S4 SiRF Star IV USB GPS Receiver (ebay) $55.60
fit-PC3 Pro 4GB (fitpc) $487
Samsung 830 SSD SATA3 128GB (msy) $115
Lilliput high brightness 869GL-80NP/C/T-HB 8" (mp3car.com) $314.90
RideRunner user interface - Free (bit of a learning curve but awesome!)
Win7 Home Premium 32bit $70
Intelligent DC-DC Converter with USB Interface & Box (mp3car.com) $138

Spare console (forum) $70
ARC Audio KS125.4 mini amplifier $410.17
Morel Tempo 6.5" coaxials $198.03
Morel Tempo 6.5" splits $204.99

To order:
Creative SBXFI-S51-PRO Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Sound Card - $70 from MSY
Odyssey Navigator $125 from TWIG Solutions (not sure about this one as my Samsung Galaxy 3 has awesome navigation)

Running total: $2063.69
(only includes stuff I have bought so far as wish list changes with progress!)

Waiting for the parts which have been ordered to arrive and then will start basic testing. Hope to fit the screen to the console as soon as they both get here.
I have access to the fit-PC3 at work and will most likely buy it from them at a discounted price if it works seeing as they have no use for it!

On top of all this will be a 2 or 4 channel amp and new front speakers. Budget for this is yet to be decided but I won't be going over the top. Been there done that!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

I posted on the 'Legnum Appreciation' facebook page as one of the guys (Chorlton Tyres) there had a 8" lilliput installed, but I was wondering if they were a member here or if anyone else had done this?

I know you can get 7" double din kits from ebay, but the 8" would be cool... Just a bit nervous about how hard it would be to fit.

Cheers,
Pete

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
Definitely grab a second console and start hacking. I've been playing with the idea of running a 10" like a couple of crazy Russians, but 8" should fit a stock, even if you had to slightly modify a 7" bracket. The double din console has that little bit extra room around the outside, I'm sure it wouldn't be much of an issue to bring the screen up and out / sitting flush. I just havn't had a chance to buy a carbon console myself to attempt this, so very keen to see what you find out :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
10" requires a decent amount of plastic removal on the the sides of the dash hole, plus it only barely fits. 8" would probably be the biggest I'd go if I did it again.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I'd like to see if we can plug Ina screen to show oil pressure water temp & boost in one screen not 3 separate gauges

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
jungle... I think that should be possible if running evoscan, at least I'm hoping as that's one of the reasons I want a carpc.

G

Unregistered
I hope you aren't planning on using Evoscan for day-to-day driving, it flashes all the dash lights every time you are stopped and will drive you bonkers.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I'm also interested in how you go as I'll be looking at getting a carpc set up too when I don't have other things to spend my money on :p

EDIT: The setup you are looking at is pretty much what I was looking at except I'd be getting the 7" double DIN Lilliput screen. I hope you do a write up for this :)

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
I'd like to see if we can plug Ina screen to show oil pressure water temp & boost in one screen not 3 separate gauges

There are OBD plug in units (M7 Touch comes to mind) you can buy that can display all the usual info. From memory HKS make one called the Camp that allows you to run your own sensor lines to anywhere and have it all displayed on a single screen.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I'm also interested in how you go as I'll be looking at getting a carpc set up too when I don't have other things to spend my money on :p

EDIT: The setup you are looking at is pretty much what I was looking at except I'd be getting the 7" double DIN Lilliput screen. I hope you do a write up for this :)

Yeah I looked at the 7". Would be a very easy option as you can get the double DIN kits for them, but the 8" if mounted flush looks completely factory as you don't get all the black plastic surrounds! I just hope like hell I can get it to work or I will be wasting money on a good monitor LOL
I know it can be done as a guy on the Legnum Appreciation Club on facebook has done it before.

This is his setup:
416594_10151651225005324_1302692720_o.jpg

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Looks very neat. Nice. I really look forward to seeing how you go mate.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I hope you aren't planning on using Evoscan for day-to-day driving, it flashes all the dash lights every time you are stopped and will drive you bonkers.

Easy fix... Wire a switch that lives near obd connector so you can flick between earthing ecu only and all devices on OBD bus (normal operation).

I've also got a ROM that doesnt require pin 1 in OBD to be earthed for ECU to communicate... that eliminates needing to cut wires all together!

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
OK this is looking good!

Got a dash piece coming from taupodrifta (thanks!) and found the measurements I need for the Lilliput 869GL-80NP/C/T 8" screen and it's looking good!
Size with case (LWD): 211 x 136 x 31mm
LCD panel (bare) is 192.8(W)X116.9(H)X6.4(D) mm
Active area (Display area) is 176.64(W)X99.36(H) mm.
Double-Din slot (180mm X 100mm) - To be confirmed I haven't measured mine yet! But this was from another forum.

So the active display area is pretty much a perfect fit!
Just need to get the console bit, check the space out behind it to see what else may get in the way (ie aircon controls) and then order the screen if I think I can make it fit :D

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
No but got one at work to play with. Want to get the screen to fit before I buy my own.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Thats sweet. So have you turned it on and played with it? How quick is it to boot up? And how would you install it in the car power and speaker wise?

Top Bottom