Touch Screen Options and FitPC build.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Can't remember exactly but i think about 15 seconds? Will have to measure it again. I haven't set it up to boot straight into the RideRunner interface yet, it's still booting into explorer.exe so don't know if that will change anything.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I mean, when you get the fitPC doesn't it come with a way to power it up from car power? Why did you have to buy another unit?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
No it only comes with a 240V AC to 12V DC plug pack.

They are designed to be a small form computer for office use, not a automotive PC (even though they fit this requirement perfectly!)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Ahhhh, sweet as, that's fair enough then :) I would mind knowing what power source you used then :)

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
No worries, it's on the 1st page :-P
I will put a link up in a second.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Well after trying a number of positions, I ended up deciding to mount the amp and fit-PC3 in the storage tray under the rear floor in the boot of the Legnum.

Remind me why the hell I decided to do another audio install!!! Crawling around in awkward positions and hoping I don't break anything... I knew the Magna back to front I had pulled it apart so many times, but I forgot how frustrating and time consuming it is pulling a cars interior apart for the first time.

Got the fit-PC3 video cable run, amps GND cable, left front and rear speaker cables and the interior pulled apart. Just got to run the left front and rear speaker cables through the factory rubber grommets into the doors. I hate this bit.

To do still, hopefully tomorrow night:
Run right front and rear cables into the doors via the factory rubber grommets
Run the left front and rear cables
Run the battery power cable to the amp and power supply - still haven't figured out the easiest way to get it into the car. Might end up pulling the wheel arch plastic guard off and running it under there
Run the power cable to the screen
Fit speakers
Pull apart and fit tweeters into the factory tweeter mounts with a bit of Sikaflex
Try to remember how it all goes back together.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Looking forward to seeing the finished product mate. Good luck with it all :)

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Is all in! Except Windows has decided not to boot and I need a USB keyboard to start normally (otherwise it goes into some repair mode and eventually dies) but I don't have one! Will have to borrow one from work. Am stuffed so will do photos and more details later. Looks fantastic though :)

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
First time I have actually read this thread, very nice work mate, good to see you aren't doing a 'that will do' job on it. The result is going to be awesome.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Yeah well the result isn't so awesome right now :(

I bought a Lilliput 869GL-80NP/C/T-HB 8" monitor for my carpc. Previously during the bench testing etc the touch function worked great.

Now everything is installed in the car, the screen is all working and looks fantastic, but I have a weird problem with the touch function. It doesn't work... BUT if I open the eTouch or whatever the driver software is called and run the test where it has a big yellow "Press Here" on the screen it picks up that I have pressed there. So why work there but not on anything else?

Any ideas? I'm stumped!

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Double-check your Centrafuse settings... I think from memory there's some touch screen options in it.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I don't have Centrafuse ... My UI is RideRunner.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Well its working! Reinstalled the drivers again and restarted a couple times and is all good. Yay!
Just need to make an audio cable up now so I can play music.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
OK next issue :( Why is nothing every easy!

I have a 3.5mm to RCA cable going from the computer’s 3.5mm audio out to the front speaker RCA inputs on the Arc amplifier. I don’t have anything going to the rear speaker inputs of the amp yet as I haven’t got a splitter cable.
The amp settings have been set to:
· Input Level – High
· Auto ON – ON
· Gains – midway

I have tested power and ground and everything is OK there. The fuses are also all good.

I tested the output of the computer with some headphones and there is music, so all good to there. But when I connect it to the amp… nothing. The amplifier doesn’t automatically switch on.

Any ideas? I have run out… again.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
AH stuff it it's all working! YAY!
Bypassed the Auto ON function by just connecting the +12V from the power supply (which turns on and off with ignition anyway) to the Tun ON input on the amp (which normally comes from your headunit).

So everything is now functioning and looking veyr cool! Just need to tidy up a bit of the cabling, transfer a heap of music and movies across, install Evoscan and connect the cable, and just fine tune a few settings to enable a bit faster boot time.

Pics as soon as the cabling is tidy!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Excellent peter, well done on this....

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Great work Peter, looking forward to seeing some pictures!!

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Well hit a brick wall... the fitpc simply died on me. Completely, won't even start.

So after waiting AGES for them to send me the RMA link for warranty, I got it while on holidays in Europe, so filled it out today and will hopefully send it back this week.

Was spewing as I didn't even get any photos of it all up and working :(

Top Bottom