Towbar

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha thanks Jess, I ended up getting a flat bed to transport the car, cost me $100 cash each way which is close to what the trailer would have cost, without the screwing around ;)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I have solved my towing issues........................ sold my car and am looking for a Magna with a tow bar, lol

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
So, did anyone end up getting a firm answer on the towbars? Looking to get one for my Leggie when I get it.

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
I got a quote from a tow bar place in Perth (Osborne Park)... for a full custom kit, $1400!!! They say cos it's custom, they have to do all the load rating testing or some crap like that. And I thought the $800 quote to get a factory one fitted to the Outback was a lot!!

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
wow, 1400 that's a bit much, as you may of read mine cost $750 i think that's custom made. I need to get it bent back now tho, was towing a real heavy trailer for a couple weeks, which at one point had to slam on brakes and it bent forward a bit, but other that that it has worked good.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey Bryan where did you get your towbar from I need one to tow my jetski.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Does anyone know any places in Toowoomba or Brissy that do them?

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
To all Melbournians that need to tow with their VR4, SUNSHINE TRAILORS just qouted me $720 for a custom made towbar. This is the same place that Bryan got his done back in 07.

Thats not a bad price considering that it's custom made and fully fitted.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
might have to make a trip to go and see them is that fited or just supply ?

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
If you've got a type V then you can get it done anywhere that will do a magna.
The AYC and pump is the issue for most people with the type S's or PFL as it gets in the way of the brackets that hold the tow hook in place

*Chalks up yet ANOTHER win for the type V crew.

G

Unregistered
i got tow bar for sale for a 96 vr4 galant. good condition no tow ball tho

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey Wes that $720 includes fitting. It's a drive in drive out job. They can also sometimes supply a car for the day if you need it.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
cool thanks Rob nice to know i think we may have to do that mind you we have a towball on the other car so i wonder if i should spend the money on other mods lol

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
For the Brisbane people, had mine fitted on Thursday for $450 from Wynumm Towbars.
Cnr Burke and Tingal St
07 3893 0411

Ask for Leo, very good job, just took all day though so I dropped it off in the morning and went into Brisvegas for the day.

He fitted the 7 pin flat to give it more ground clearance, all in all great job- rated to 1000kg

Here are the pics

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26885&postcount=2

Dont suppose anyone knows how busy the road between say toowoomba and Wynnum is? I have next friday off and am taking the car to get a towbar fitted and im wondering what time to leave to get there in the morning sometime. Where is says it will take 2hrs 19min but somehow I doubt it.

http://www.whereis.com/#session=ODg=

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
If you hit Tipswich any time from I'd say 8am it'll be a ****ing shitfest.... and that's the technical term... so that time estimate is probably close, could be longer if there's an accident or somesuch on the Tipswich "Motorway" :)

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I came back from T-Bar last night and took me 1h 40mins to Mt Gravatt and Wynnum is approx 25 to 30 minutes from here, so it could be quite accurate. Just watch out for all the road works and morning traffic... its a killer.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
For the Brisbane people, had mine fitted on Thursday for $450 from Wynumm Tow bars.
Cnr Burke and Tingal St
07 3893 0411

Ask for Leo, very good job, just took all day though so I dropped it off in the morning and went into Brisvegas for the day.

He fitted the 7 pin flat to give it more ground clearance, all in all great job- rated to 1000kg

Here are the pics

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26885&postcount=2

Got a tow bar fitted by these guys last Friday. Great guys and a good tow bar. I dropped it off at 0800 and it was ready for pickup at 1300. apparently they have done quite a few now.

However the price has jumped to $700 as they don't sell too many legnum tow bars compared to other vehicles.

G

Unregistered
Got a tow bar fitted by these guys last Friday. Great guys and a good tow bar. I dropped it off at 0800 and it was ready for pickup at 1300. apparently they have done quite a few now.

However the price has jumped to $700 as they don't sell too many legnum tow bars compared to other vehicles.

If you get a moment, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a couple of pics of how they mounted it. :)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Picture time ;)

Alright first of all it looks like there are two arms welded to the center tube which the tow ball is bolted to. The insert into the chassis rails approximately here...

attachment.php

Left side...

attachment.php

Right side...

attachment.php

They are bolted inside the car here...

attachment.php

Left side...

attachment.php

Right side...

attachment.php

With the right side, the plastic tub sits up a bit now so it isn't flush with the floor panels but all it needs is a hole drilled in the plastic where the bolts sits.

and its also bolted into the bottom of the chassis rails on the left side here...

attachment.php

And seen on the right side in the picture above of the right side chassis rail hole.

The finished product...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There you go guys, didn't mean to spam up the thread with pictures but thought it would be an informative post.(y)

59.JPG
26.JPG
25.JPG
61.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG
60.JPG
34.JPG
28.JPG
32.JPG

Top Bottom